Teaching tomorrow's anglers
- Compost project begins demonstration. // Waste News;12/02/96, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the commencement of a compost project demonstration for organic waste by Cornell Cooperative Extension Service of Suffolk County, Long Island. Percentage organic waste represents of Long Island's solid waste; Number of tons of organic waste generated in Long Island per year;...
- Ulster County selected for state program to combat obesity and related diseases. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p21
The article announces that the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County (CCEUC) has received a one million dollar, a five-year Creating Healthy Places to Live, Work, and Play grant in addressing obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
- Cornell Cooperative keeps pace with LI's changing economy. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/07/96, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p33
Reports on the changes made by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County to meet the changing needs of Long Island, New York State's economy since its founding in 1917. Features of the educational programs offered by the cooperative; Economic impact of the programs; Comment by Kermit...
- Untitled. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/18/93 - 10/25/93, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p33
Reports on Cornell Cooperative Extension's plans to open a regional farmers' market. Claims of demands from the agricultural community; Municipal advocates' opposition to competition from Cornell.
- Cornell Co-op helps solve problems. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p48
Reports that Cornell Cooperative Extension will be presenting a program for homeowners and landscapers in Hudson Valley, New York on the management of white grubs on May 14, 1996.
- Life Lessons from Cornell Cooperative. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/19/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 54, p32A
Features Cornell Cooperative Extension education program. Development of educational programs; Identification of the needs and concerns of Nassau County, New York residents; Concentration of CCE on family and consumer science programs.
- FRUIT TOUR. // Scaffolds Fruit Journal;Jun2014, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p6
The article offers information on the 2014 Lake Ontario Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE), a component of Cornell University, Summer Fruit Tour to take place in Lake Ontario, New York on July 24, 2014.
- Local workshops stress family education. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/10/94 - 1/17/94, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the Orange County, New York-based Cornell Cooperative Extension's offer of a series of evening educational workshops entitled `Family Education Series.' Workshop features; Contact information.
- New York nutrition education celebrates 40 years. // Human Ecology;Nov2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
The article mentions the anniversary of the Division of Nutritional Sciences and Cornell Cooperative Extension which has been in the service for 40 years.