Around the state
- Curtailing another Canmore development. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/11/93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p43
Announces that for the second time in a month, protection of wildlife has put a dent in development plans for the Canmore area. Canmore Alpine Development Company recommendations for protection of wildlife; Restricting housing; Wildlife corridors; Comments from Hal Walker, company president.
- LAND LINES. // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p47
Presents news briefs related to wildlife conservation in the U.S. as of April 2005, including the efforts for a tortoise recovery plan in the country.
- The Decade Of The Wolf. Ball, Jena // Backpacker;Dec2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the impact of the Yellowstone Wolf Restoration Project on the ecosystem of the national park as of 2005.
- PHENOMENON. // Backpacker;Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p40
The article offers information on the wildlife crossing to detour animals safety, over and under roads, in North America.
- Bear attacks continue. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p40
Presents news items about wildlife conservation in the United States. Includes continuation of bear maulings when people recreate and live in bear country; Increase in number of wildlife refuges open to hunting; Donation of Tudor Farms Inc. for recovery of Canada goose.
- Grouping together to protect the environment. Scott, G. // Current Health 2;Jan1992, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the work of several environmental organizations. Upcoming 100th anniversary of the Sierra Club, created by conservationist John Muir; How the National Audubon Society began; The National Wildlife Federation; The Nature Conservancy; Greenpeace; Earth First!; The Student Conservation...
- Update: What's happening at the Country Living forest. // Country Living;Sep90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Describes the Cooke City (Montana) Wildlife Enhancement-Reforestation Project. How `Country Living' readers have contributed to the program; Focus on planting and caring for trees in the Greater Yellowstone area, which suffered from the fires of1988.
- Battle for the flats Leahy, Christopher W. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;May1988, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p30
No abstract available.
- Poaching: beating swords into ploughshares Cherrington, Mark // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Oct1989, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
No abstract available.
- China's golden monkeys. // International Wildlife;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p29
Although they were pushed to the edge of extinction for their lush hair, golden monkeys are now protected by law and are thriving within the 770-square-mile Wolong Preserve. The golden monkey remains unstudied and its biography is unwritten.