The Yankees fan and a number six fly
- FishRap's Fish Report. Berg, Terrence // Log Newspaper;2/1/2013, Issue 938, p25
The article offers news briefs related to fishing in California as of February 2013. The cold water conditions in Catalina and San Clemente islands have limited the fishing activity. The anglers have used PowerBait in garlic and rainbow trout, nightcrawlers and small trout lures to catch limits...
- Trout Trolling Basics. Martin, Todd // BC Outdoors Sport Fishing & Outdoor Adventure;Summer2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the basics of rainbow trout trolling in British Columbia. Equipment needed for trolling, including a boat, tackles, rods, lures and flies, are discussed. Getting a depth chart and reviewing it is necessary to know the spot for trolling in lakes, says the article....
- Fatal Attraction. King, Lonnie // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p23
The article presents tips on how to select the best attractor or lure combination for fishing on the Great Lakes. Anglers seeking salmon and rainbow trout, particularly in the Great Lakes, more commonly use flashers and dodgers. Dodgers are designed to sway from side to side, while flashers are...
- Rainbow Trout. // New ABC of Fishing;2003, p226
The article presents information about the fish rainbow trout, with the scientific name Concorhynchus mykiss. The fish has a dark bluish-green back and pinkish marks on its sides. During sunny weather, it is suggested to use brightly-colored flies to attract rainbow trout. The rainbow trout has...
- Pine River Rainbows. Warrington, Jerry // Outdoor Life;May2000, Vol. 205 Issue 4, p95
Talks about the rainbow trout found at the Pine River in the Wellston-Cadillac area of Michigan.
- Untitled. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p12
This article presents a photograph featuring the Metro East Anglers. This spring, Metro East Anglers again collected eggs from rainbow trout in Oshawa Creek at Boy Scout Camp Samac, held them in a hatchery to develop to the "eye" stage, and then shipped them to schools equipped with modified...
- Large cues. // Outdoor Life;May96, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p46
Offers advice on lure selection. Underwater signature; Predators' response to signatures of their preferred forage; Stealth principle; Random movement; Color.
- New wonder gizmos of the deep. McCall, Bruce // Outdoor Life;Jul96, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p78
Discusses high technology fishing lures. Polaris Jr. system; Li'L PT-109 Torpedo Boat Lure; Mafiamatic Lure; Jailbait MK IV; Hardcore 2001; Sovyud FUD-12 Helicopter Attack Lure.
- The lures of fall. Sparano, Vin T.; Laager, Ken // Outdoor Life;Oct96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p98
Recommends lures ideal for use during the fall fishing season. Popping plugs; Topwater plugs; Floating/diving plugs; Sinking plugs.