Edward Kenney...a retrospective
- A brush with the north. // International Wildlife;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p48
Offers a look at some of Argentine painter Axel Amuchastegui's acrylic portraits of North American birds. Amuchastegui is one of the world's most accomplished wildlife painters.
- Untitled. Spohn, Franz // Art Journal;Fall94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p37
Presents a sketch of creatures and animals.
- Erratum. // Natural History;Sep2009, Vol. 118 Issue 7, p6
A correction to illustrations accompanying a time line regarding South American mammals that was published in the June 2009 issue is presented.
- Henrietta...the `Fair Hen'. Mulkey, Mary McNamara // Arts & Activities;Mar1993, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p16
Relates a fifth-grade art class activity involving the drawing of a hen. Saul Steinberg's drawing of a hen named Henrietta; Materials; Directions; Texture created by lines.
- Designer cats. O'Toole, Ora Marlene // Arts & Activities;Mar1993, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p26
Presents a second-grade art class on drawing using cats as subjects. Art elements of texture, shape and design; Different kinds of positions, perspective and expression; Materials; Sample sketches.
- A painting safari through Southern Africa. Thomas, K. // American Artist;Sep1988, Vol. 52 Issue 554, p32
Describes the work of five contemporary painters of African wildlife: Paul Bosman, Dino Paravano, Paul Augustinus, Janet Heaton, and Kim Donaldson. INSET: Tips for visitors.;Recommended game reserves..
- George Edwards: Depictor of 'Nondescripts' Hardy, Sarah Blaffer // Natural History;May78, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p72
Profiles zoological illustrator George Edwards. Personal philosophy of Edwards; Career background of Edwards; Features of the zoological illustrations of Edwards.
- Edible Art. // Orion Magazine;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p9
This article provides information on the unusual practice of British artist duo Olly and Suzi who work on drawings of exotic wildlife around the world and offer their artworks to the creatures that they portray. Features of their show at the London Natural History Museum in London, England in...
- The WinnipeG ALphA BesTIARY. Walsh, Meeka // Border Crossings;Mar2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p52
This article presents a photocaption for a series of animal paintings and drawings by Canadian artists.