California's Governor gives rare backing to Orange County's Pringle for treasurer
- Not Everyone on Board Pringle Train; Chile Sees Oakley. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3
The article profiles Curt Pringle, mayor of Anaheim City, Orange County, California.
- Ex-California speaker seeks treasurer's post. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/15/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30311, p43
Reports on the decision by former California Assembly Speaker Curt Pringle to run for California state treasurer. Support from incumbent Matt Fong; Pringle's campaign strategy according to Pringle's chief of staff Jeff Flint; Pringle's rivals for the post.
- Treasurer's race a battle between financial ideals. Brennan, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the campaigns of Democrat challenger Phil Angelides and Republican candidate Curt Pringle for the position of state treasurer in California. Promises of each politician to their prospective constituents; Involvement of Greek financiers; Backgrounds of the candidates.
- New course in Sacramento. Weintraub, Daniel M. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p28
Focuses Curt Pringle, House Speaker of California Assembly and his leadership in the House. Comparison with the speakership of Willie Brown; Revision by Pringle of the internal operations of the California Assembly; Roadblocks in Pringle's leadership.
- Big City Mayors Talk of Common County Vision. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p3
Reports on a scheduled get-together of three city mayors of Orange County, California to outline their visions for the county on April 22, 2003. Meeting of Anaheim's Curt Pringle, Santa Ana's Miguel Pulido and Irvine's Larry Agran; Contrasting styles and circumstances of the mayors; Job growth...
- California Treasurer Candidates Clash Over School Funding, Voting Thresholds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30496, p10
Focuses on the argument between California Treasurer candidates Curt Pringle and Phil Angelides over how the state would pay for its backlog of school construction needs. Pringle's opposition to the $9.2 billion bond authorization; Angelides' support for the proposed school-funding bond; Common...
- PERSON TO WATCH: CURT PRINGLE. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;12/18/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p18
The article presents the author's views of the future performance of Anaheim, California Mayor Curt Pringle in his second term as a mayor. The mayor made his mark during his first term by promoting the redevelopment area called the Platinum Triangle. If developed as envisioned, this project is...
- Wilson offers half a loaf with tort reform plan. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Discusses a tort reform proposal which was presented by California's Governor Pete Wilson. Stipulations of the proposal; Effects on legal processes; Reference to Democrats disapproval of this type of proposal.
- Wilson's California agenda could be recipe for the US. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the possibility of Republican Gov. Pete Wilson being short-listed for the 1996 presidential race. Wilson's political career; Importance of the state of California on his presidential race performance; Analysts views on Wilson.