Ruscus aculeatus (Butcher's Broom) as a Potential Treatment for Orthostatic Hypotension, with a Case Report
- The ASH Position Paper on Orthostatic Hypotension. Kuritzky, Louis // Primary Care Reports;Jun2013 Clinical Briefs in Primary Care, p2
The article discusses diagnosis of orthostatic hypotension (OH) and states that OH epidemiological data have recognized an association between OH and stroke.
- This drug may relieve postural hypotension. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Feb97, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p74
Presents information from the article entitled `This Drug May Relieve Postural Hypotension' concerning the development of a new drug called Midodrine (Proamatine) to treat cases of orthostatic hypotension.
- Standing and Seizing. Nathan, M.P. Ravindra // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Examines the case of a patient with an orthostatic hypotension. Autonomic disorders associated with orthostatic intolerance; Occurrence of Shy-Drager syndrome in older men; Causes on the fall of blood pressure on assumption of upright posture.
- Drug points. Andrews, C; Pinner, G // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p595
Presents a case study of a woman who had had coronary artery bypass grafting and was prescribed paroxetine for depression. Factors that influenced antidepressant prescribing in elderly people; Diagnosis concerning the woman's illness; Suggestions regarding the use of postural hypotension.
- Conventional wisdom on hypotension challenged. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;07/14/97, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p3
Presents information on a study conducted on orthostatic hypertension (OH) in aged persons. Number of nursing homes surveyed; Factors found to be significantly associated with OH; Other findings.
- Haemodynamic responses to head-up tilt in elderly hypertensives and diabetics. Luutonen, Sinikka; Antila, Kari // Age & Ageing;Jul95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p315
Studies the haemodynamic response to head-up tilt in elderly hypertensives and diabetics, in ordet to examine the haemodynamic mechanism associated with postural hypotension (PH) in elderly people. Subjects, methods, results and discussion on the results obtained.
- Flowpac assessment of lower limb compression pressure in postural hypotension. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p3
Presents an abstract of the study `Flowpac Assessment of Lower Limb Compression Pressure in Postural Hypotension,' by D. O'Mahony and C. Bennett, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- Suspension trauma. Roggla, G.; Moser, B.; Roggla, M. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p59
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Suspension Trauma," by C. Lee and K. M. Porter, in a previous issue.
- Therapeutic experience with fludrocortisone in diabetic postural hypotension. Campbell, I.W.; Ewing, D.J.; Clarke, B.F. // British Medical Journal;4/10/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6014, p872
Examines the effectiveness of fludrocortisone on diabetic postural hypotension treatment. Mean daily dosage of fludrocortisone; Increase of systolic and diastolic blood pressures in patients; Use of fludrocortisone in patients with congestive cardiac failure.