Two leaders pivotal to economic stimulus
- Getting serious. // Hill;10/7/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 117, p16
The author reflects on the great problem with partisanship, and elaborates that it sometimes merely reflects intertribal hostility rather than real disagreement, and thus becomes nothing more than posturing to deflect blame, lawmakers saying they merely believe X or Y merely to make their...
- Partisanship over time: A comparison of United States... Rice, Tom W.; Hilton, Tracey A. // Political Research Quarterly;Mar96, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p191
Examines an article on the stability of party identification over different periods of time. Findings; Research strategies; Statistical information; References.
- POST-PARTISANSHIP. Rauch, Jonathan // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 302 Issue 1, p79
The article discusses the concept of post-partisanship, or the idea of politics not defined by partisanship. It notes that advocates of post-partisanship define the philosophy as standing for results, honesty, innovation, and teamwork. The author comments on the frustration of moderates in the...
- A test of converse's theory of party support. Cassel, Carol A. // Journal of Politics;Aug93, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p664
Discusses Converse's theory of party support. Life cycle process resulting from social learning and an intergenerational transmission process based on a father's partisanship; Analysis of the white electorate in the United States from 1952-1990; Mother's partisanship; Challenge from new...
- More Evidence of the Decline of Partisan "Discussion". GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;4/9/2012, p7
The article focuses on the declination of the partisan discussion of issues in the U.S.
- New districts further polarize Legislature. BOEHM, Ted // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/8/2011 Supplement, p5B
The author comments on the issues to remove the General Assembly from the process and leave it up to a bipartisan commission in Indiana. He states that the when 2011 redistricting was unveiled, several commentators praised the increased adherence to establish political lines but it failed to...
- Swing Voting and Fast-Track Authority. DeVault, James M. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p63
Following the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1993 and the Uruguay Round Agreement in 1994, the United States appeared to be on the verge of an era of unprecedented trade liberalization. Since that time, however, the United States has struggled to pass almost every...
- Sen. Lembke promoting bill to politicize Missouri courts. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;5/3/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 39, p4
The article presents information on the promotion of a legislative bill related to the partisanship of the system of selecting judges in Missouri by the U.S. Senator Jim Lembke.
- Partisanship splits lawmakers in Louisiana like never before. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/27/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p25
Comments on the impact that partisan politics has had on the Louisiana Legislature in 2005. History of Louisiana partisan politics; Examples of political debates in 2004 in which partisan politics played a role; Partisanship's domination of the Senate floor debate on the operating budget for the...