Economic stimulus package making its way through Congress
- Durbin Rule's Beneficiaries. Balto, David // American Banker;8/2/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 119, p8
The article opines the Durbin amendment on interchange fees increased competition among U.S. credit unions and community banks because it gave credit unions a financial advantage with debit rewards programs and checking account products.
- Acts approved by the President. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/28/97, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p1129
Lists legislative proposals signed into law by United States President Bill Clinton on July 18, July 24 and July 25, 1997. Includes H.R. 173 which amended the Federal Property and Administrative Service Act of 1949; H.R. 649 or Department of Energy Standardization Act of 1997; H.R. 1901 which...
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Update. ELLIOTT, DAVID A.; BLACKMONCASH, RACHEL; PETERS, S. KRISTEN // Financial Fraud Law Report;Jan2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p64
The article presents an update of recent case law, news and developments related to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in the U.S. It mentions that the act was enacted as a standard for promoting financial stability and protection for consumers through enhanced...
- Rules and Regulations: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;2/12/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 29, p8273
The article presents a direct final rule issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It states that the measure promulgates significant new use rules (SNURs) under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) for 35 chemical substances which were the subject of premanufacture notices...
- FEDERAL REGISTER. // Federal Register;1/7/2015, Vol. 80 Issue 4, preceding p823
The article presents several notices and public regulations related actions from various federal departments in the U.S as of January 2015. Topics discussed include the Regulated Navigation Area (RNA) established by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Coast Guard, the approval and promulgation...
- PUBLIC ECONOMY LEGISLATION. // Congressional Digest;Mar1922, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p8
This article focuses on public economy legislations introduced in the U.S. Congress. The Sterling-Lehlbach Reclassification Bill H.R. 8928, has a peculiar significance in that it determines the salary rates of the employees of the U.S. government, a rate which is recognized as a standard...
- Small-Business Focus: Cooking With Congress. Farris, Jack // Business Journal (Central New York);7/4/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on a program created by the small business enterprises which provides information about government regulations and effective business operations in the U.S. Improvement in the economic condition of the country; Instructions on attaining corporate growth; Provision of employment opportunity.
- Tate tells U.S. DOT economic health should be focus of new highway bill. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2010, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p12
The article offers information on the testimony of Larry Tate, worldwide product manager at Caterpillar Inc. and chairman of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association during a panel discussion last July 14, 2010 scheduled by the U.S. Department of Transportation. He explained his...
- Failing to replenish highway fund puts critical infrastructure at risk. Mica, Jon // Hill;3/11/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p22
The article offers the author's insights on the transportation infrastructure in the U.S. which faces challenge with the expiration of the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) legislation.