Brussels sprouts more muscle
- Slow but sure success for UK firms at High Point. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;04/23/99, Issue 5135, p2
Reports on the participation of British furniture manufacturers at a furniture trade show in North Carolina. Competitiveness of British furniture makers; Keys to British companies' success in the American market; Response to British furniture among American consumers.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p3
Presents developments in the furniture industry as May 2001. Purchase of a tannery by ChairWorks in Taiwan; Acquisition of Strines Textiles by Walker Greenbank; Increase of sales by manufacturer Selfridge; Addition of a contract exhibition to the fabric show Decosit.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2008, Issue 5590, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Bedrooms by German manufacturer Wiemann are being sold and distributed exclusively throughout Northern Ireland and Eire by Silentnight Ireland. On the other hand, the fourth annual exhibition of Devon Furniture...
- The latest contract ideas. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2008, Issue 5590, p31
The article provides information related to the International Contract Furnishing and Interior Design Exhibition at Olympia, Greece. The exhibition will be displaying the latest ideas in all aspects of contract furniture, textiles, carpets, and accessories. Nine companies will be participating...
- Irish eye the UK. // Cabinet Maker;1/6/2006, Issue 5470, p20
The article reports on the business plans of Irish firms to enter into the Furniture Show aiming to attract new agents and retailers in Great Britain. There will be several exhibitors at the Furniture Show making a short hop across the sea from Ireland. The firms will be displaying hardwood...
- IN TOWN. // Midwest Home;Apr/May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p34
The article offers information related to the business in Minnesota in 2013. It mentions that transfer of Minneapolis-based home boutique store Honeyshine from the Bryn Mawr neighborhood next to the Wild Rumpus bookstore in Linden Hills. It also cites the St. Paul Home Tour in Minneapolis on...
- Innovative Nature. Rodríguez Calabria, Maite // Mix (1749-8554);Spring/Summer2013, Issue 32, p86
The article focuses on the Spanish chipboard and MDF (medium-density fiberboard) manufacturer Finsa. The article discusses the modernization of the company's products, Finsa en Caja, a tool developed by Finsa which presents 15 wood solutions to architects and interior designers and events...
- High Point news: Green beds, coffee colors, more. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p56
The author identifies significant events and products at the High Point Market in North Carolina. Several natural bedding lines were introduced in the market such as the Vivetique organic beds from Natura. International companies had joined the event especially in the bedding category which is...
- Contemporary Australian furniture goes to SOFA. Hatton, Beth // Craft Arts International;1997, Issue 40, p89
Reviews the Australian furniture exhibition which was part of SOFA (Sculpture, Objects and Functional Arts Fair), held in Chicago, Illinois, in 1996.