Food for thought
- Winners know their customers. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p31
Emphasizes on knowledge of customer preferences in the U.S. furniture industry and trade. Universality of the principle in business; Opening of stores among furniture retailers; Intensification of promotion among the retailers.
- What's ahead for us in 2012. // Furniture/Today;12/19/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p2
The author presents his list for things to pay attention to in 2012 concerning the furniture industry including focus on one's customers and their shopping experience in his/her store.
- Testing consumers' confidence. // Cabinet Maker;09/10/99, Issue 5154, p8
Focuses on the importance of consumers' confidence in the furniture industry.
- SMG/NOVA link up. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p3
Reports that furniture buying group SMG has named NOVA Retail Finance as its recommended consumer credit supplier.
- Credit lifts sales values by 50%. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p4
Highlights a survey conducted for First National Tricity Finance showing that consumers will spend 50% more on furniture if they can pay by retail credit rather than cash.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p6
Answers questions about the furniture industry. Customer's complaint about fabric's wearing prematurely; Complaint about a creaking bed; Redress for consumer who had expressed satisfaction over a repair.
- Consumers need to be protected. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p8
Stresses the importance of consumer protection in the furniture industry.
- Safe shopping progress. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p1
Focuses on a consumer payment protection scheme for furniture retailers in Great Britain. Promotion of policy offering individual cover for specific retailers; Demands for financial information; Restoration of reputation after collapse of retailers.
- Consumer payment laws: time for answers. // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p8
Comments on the consumer payment laws of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). Deliberation on consumer payments; Violation of consumer payments to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations; Settlement between Homeform furniture company and OFT.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p6
Presents question and answer advisory related to furniture industry in Great Britain. Suitability and comfortability of products; Liability of retailers over consumers; Rights of consumers.