Variety of offerings from Kenworth
- KW to offer Cummins Westport ISL G. // Fleet Owner;Feb2010, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p68
The article previews the Cummins Westport ISL G natural gas engine from Kenworth Truck Co.
- Kenworth Announces 2010 Engine Offerings. // Alabama Forests;Spring2010, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p27
A preview of the Class 8 on-highways and vocational trucks from Kenworth Truck Co. is presented.
- Daimler focuses on powertrain integration. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;9/25/2012, p11
The article offers brief information on the Detroit DD 13 heavy-duty engine and the Detroit DT12 medium-duty engine from Daimler Trucks.
- Powertrain overhaul for Ford. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p26
The article previews several Ford F-Series engines from Ford Motors, including a 3.7-liter V6 engine, a 5.0-liter V8 engine, a 6.2-liter V8 engine based on the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty and the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine.
- Kenworth provides Paccar MX-13 engine extended protection plans. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;12/12/2012, p7
The article reports on the extended protection plans offered by Kenworth Truck Co. for the 2013 Peccar MX-13 engine.
- The power of three. Bickerstaffe, Simon // Automotive Engineer;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on the advantages of three-cylinder engines released by several automobile manufacturers. Efficiency gains from using the engines are doubled because of lower mechanical and thermal losses. Furthermore, the engines offer net saving of five to ten% in upgrades, maintenance and...
- Car-care quiz. Mercaldo, Steve // Popular Science;Dec86, Vol. 229 Issue 6, p84
Presents information on various problems related to automobile engines. Performance of V6 turbocharged engine; Tips to be followed to prevent intermittent power loss; Cause of excessive blue smoke.
- Can You DIG It? Visnic, Bill // Ward's Dealer Business;Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the 2006 annual "Ward's 10 Best Engines" competition in the United States. Four of the ten best engines use forced induction. It indicates a trend towards downsized engines and higher specific output some powertrain analysts predicted. Direct injection gasoline fuel...
- Demand for natural gas-fueled trucks showing steady growth. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2012, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p25
The article reports on the findings of a media event conducted by Kenworth Truck Co. which reveals the steady growth of demand for existing versions of natural gas-fueled engines for heavy-duty trucks including the Cummins Westport 12-liter spark ignition power plant. It states that these...