Comprehensive changes for GM
- GM's Hybrid Plans Take Shape. Stephenson, Stan // Motor Age;Jun2003, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p160
General Motors Corp. (GM) announced plans to launch a gas/electric hybrid drivetrain option for its GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado trucks in the late 2003. The automaker has apparently decided to go to the large-vehicle application to unveil its hybrid technology. The GM design is called...
- GM considers a countermove: Light-duty diesels. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;1/20/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6604, p94
The article reports that Steve Kiefer, vice president of global powertrain for General Motors (GM), is considering a diesel engine for the light-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra to compete with the fuel economy improvements due on the Ford F-150 and Ram pickups in 2014. The 4.5 liter V-8...
- CALL OF DUTY. Neff, Natalie // AutoWeek;7/19/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p24
The article evaluates the new range of pickup trucks from General Motors Corp., including Chevrolet Silverado HD, Chevrolet Sierra HD, and Denali.
- GM Ready for Titanic Battle. POPE, BYRON // Ward's Auto World;Sep2010, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p46
The article evaluates the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD and the GMC Sierra HD trucks from General Motors.
- GM aims to broaden the appeal of 2 pickups. Kranz, Rick // Automotive News;11/27/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6231, p30
The article presents information about General Motors Corp.'s (GM) full-sized 2007 Silverado and Sierra 1500 pickup trucks. The trucks have been extensively re-engineered and restyled. Roughly 60 percent of the parts in the Silverado and Sierra pickups are shared with the GM's 2007 full-sized...
- GM introduces 2007 Silverado, Sierra. // Western Farm Press;1/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p24
The article evaluates two pickup trucks including the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado and the GMC Sierra from General Motors Corp.
- GENERAL MOTORS. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2010, Vol. 109 Issue 9, pC18
Previews of the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup truck models from General Motors Corp. are presented.
- GM details '06 lineup. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Aug2005, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p42
Reports that General Motors has a number of changes in store for its light- and medium-duty trucks lineup in 2006, including additions and tweaks to existing platforms. HHR for commercial use; All-new full-size pickup and SUV platform in the pipeline; GMT 900, Silverado and Sierra pickup trucks;...
- GM'S DIESEL TRIO. Sawyer, Christopher A. // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2007, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p60
The article presents three engines from General Motors (GM). The first is a 2.9-liter V6 diesel engine to be used in European versions of the 2009 Cadillac. The revised Duramax 6.6-liter V8, found in the 2007 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra, is another engine. GM will introduce the third engine,...