Horizon Lines orders 12,500 new containers for shipping network
- Horizon Lines: Simple yet effective. DÍAZ, MARIO BELAVAL // Caribbean Business;8/21/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p54
The article offers information on the shipping service offered by Horizon Lines Inc., provider of transportation service between Puerto Rico and the U.S. It mentions that the company offers vehicle shipping services. It mentions that the car travels inside the container protects it form elements...
- Horizon Lines: 50 years of passion. Hernández, Gina M. // Caribbean Business;1/25/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, pS9
The article presents a corporate profile of Horizon Lines Inc., container shipping and logistics company in Puerto Rico. The company, which is celebrating its golden anniversary, has been known for providing excellent customer service and prompt and shorter trips. Meanwhile, it has expanded its...
- Horizon Lines to expand Gulf service. // American Journal of Transportation;6/10/2013, Issue 557, p28
The article reports on the plans of Horizon Lines Inc., a leader in domestic ocean shipping in the U.S., to expand its southbound service by adding Jacksonville, Florida in its operations.
- Horizon Lines prepared to weather current and future hurricane seasons. // Caribbean Business;9/16/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p46
The article reports on the investment of Horizon Lines Inc. in preplanning for the forecast of alternate shipping lanes and routes between the U.S. and Puerto Rico to mitigate the impact of major disasters.
- ocean business. // Sea Technology;Apr2015, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p60
This section offers news briefs on maritime business as of April 2015. It informs about the asset purchase agreement of Horizon Lines Inc. with Luis Ayala Colon Sucrs to sell container terminal assets in San Juan, Puerto. Also announced is the order received by EdgeTech from the Woods Hotel...
- Horizon Lines joins Port of Philadelphia's roster of services. // American Journal of Transportation;3/25/2013, Issue 552, p17
The article reports that Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PRPA) chairman Charles G. Kopp announced that ocean carrier Horizon Lines will begin a weekly vessel service between the Port of Philadelphia and San Juan, Puerto Rico on April 11, 2013.
- Short-sea savior. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/8/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p32
The article reports on the plans of Horizon Lines to ply routes along the East and Gulf coasts in the U.S. in 2008. Chuck Raymond notes that the launch depends on whether the U.S. Congress passes the legislation, one that would remove the Harbor Maintenance Tax on cargoes transshipped between...
- Horizon touts shorter turn times out of Philly, good for food. DÍAZ, ALEX // Caribbean Business;6/13/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 22, pM11
The article profiles Horizon Lines Inc., highlighting the shipping carrier's move to the Port of Philadelphia.
- Horizon Lines challenges repeal of tonnage tax in Puerto Rico. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;12/20/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p25
The article reports that Horizon Lines (HL) challenges repeal of tonnage tax in Puerto Rico. Accordingly, HL is challenging a proposal by the U.S. Congress through the Technical Corrections Act to repeal the tonnage tax option in maritime trade lane. Moreover, the tonnage tax allows corporations...