Adopting a braver approach to your job
- Profiling the knowledge and behaviors of qualified HR practitioners in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom: results from an exploratory factor analysis. Higgins, Paul; Roper, Ian; Man Fung Lo // Annual International Conference on Human Resource Management & P;2014, p31
This paper presents initial findings from a bi-national comparison of the professionalization of human resource management (HRM) in Hong Kong (HK) and the United Kingdom (UK). It identifies, through exploratory factor analysis, the knowledge and behavior profiles of 900 professionally-qualified...
- Academic recognition. // People Management;9/2/2010, p36
The article presents information on an academic membership route that was launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain in July 2010, which aims to recognize the contributions of academics and researchers in the field of human resource (HR).
- Spend, spend, spend. Cannell, Mike // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p65
Provides an overview of the upcoming research on training trends in Great Britain by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Key points included in the research; Details of an interview by members of the institute.
- Research into talent goes global. // People Management;9/16/2010, p38
This article reports on the plan of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to conduct a diversity and talent management study in countries in central and Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Perfect balance between knowing and doing. // People Management;5/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p45
The article discusses the formation in Romania of the first international Practice Exchange Group (PEG) of the Shaping the Future research program of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The PEG are composed of groups of HR practitioners, as well as business leaders and...
- Business savvy, sustainability and trust... // People Management;Apr2012, p54
The article discusses research by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on the nature of trust, the business savvy of human resource professionals, and sustainability.
- CIPD: firms get the HR they deserve. // People Management;2/11/2010, p6
The article reports that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Next Generation's research found that the last radical shift in the positioning of human resources is from a primarily service function serving internal customers into a process-driven function that owns key...
- On top of the world. Brewster, Chris; Harris, Hilary; Sparrow, Paul // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p36
Focuses on the growing labor market of international human resource (HR) professionals. Findings of a research project commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Management on international HR executives; Factors affecting the business activities of international HR executives;...
- Do I need a law qualification? // People Management;11/25/2010, p38
The article provides an answer to a question of the importance of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualifications to the success of a human resource (HR) professional.