Solution to a shoddy compromise
- Inquiry planned to examine how equality laws should apply to religious people. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;8/5/2011, p9
The article reports that an inquiry will be held in the later part of 2011 to define how hard equality laws must be applied to religious people opposing or disagreeing with homosexuality.
- Equality Act 2010: Specific duties now in force. // Access by Design;Fall2011, Issue 128, p2
The article reports the implementation of the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain to assists public bodies in the performance of the public sector Equality Duty which requires the consideration of all individuals who are carrying out daily activities.
- The Department of Health and the Equality Act 2010. Veale, David; Xenitidis, Kiriakos; Campbell, Colin // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2012, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p75
This article comments on an inherent flaw of the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain which the authors of a review missed out.
- We want action, Mr. President. // Bay Area Reporter;10/8/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p4
The author reflects on the primary purpose of the LGBT community in choosing President Barack Obama to be the keynote speaker at the Human Rights Campaign's annual national dinner in California which is to hear President Obama about his commitment for LGBT laws including the military's anti-gay...
- Equality legislation. // Diversity in Health & Care;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p74
The article offers information on the Equality Bill from the House of Commons which will replace all existing equality legislation including the Equal Pay Act in Great Britain.
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. O'Reilly, Noel // Employers Law;Oct2010, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including frequently asked questions regarding the British Equality Act 2010 and the scenarios that would justify dual discrimination claims.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Oct2010, p4
The article presents a timeline regarding the development and implementation of the British Equality Act 2010 starting October 2010.
- Confusion remains as Equality Act comes into force. // Employers Law;Oct2010, p5
The article reports on the implications of the British Equality Act 2010 which include dual discrimination claims, third-party harassment, and pre-employment questionnaires.
- Action: School services. Peters-Johnson, Cassandra // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Apr97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p184
Presents the United States Department of Education eighteenth annual report entitled `Eighteenth Annual Report to Congress on the Implementation of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (1996). What the report deals with; Views on the issues of economic, environment and ethnicity;...