Alternative approaches to transfers
- Unwelcome Changes. Ladika, Susan // HR Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on changes in the structure of immigration services in the U.S. which makes it hard to relocate workers within the country. Problems encountered by employers in relocating workers within the country; Efforts of companies to bring workers into the country. INSETS: Higher Immigration...
- RELOCATION TOOLS. Anderson, Keisha-Gaye // Black Enterprise;Aug2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p68
Presents advice on employment relocation and household moving. Challenges in moving to a different environment; Average cost of overseas relocation; Tips on coordinating with the company about relocation costs.
- The benefits of a formal repatriation program for the organization and the expatriate. Nelson, Jan // Employee Benefit News;11/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p20
Focuses on the benefits of a formal repatriation program to a relocation provider to ensure the transition of U.S. employees and their families returning to the U.S. after completing overseas assignments. Steps that can be taken to relocate employees and their families back home; Approach that...
- Relocation Blues. Westcott, Russ // Quality Progress;Mar2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p70
The article focuses on job relocation. The physical disruption is little less difficult to deal with than the psychological loss of support systems--once transparent but now painfully visible. These relocation expenses include those mentioned earlier plus travel for family to the new location,...
- Enhancing International Mobility. Buckley, Tom // Business Mexico;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p38
The article presents a study on the impact of international mobility on the families of internationally mobile employee. The study is not just talking about physical aspect of relocation but the emotional and social support as well. Partner and family adaptation issues must be managed...
- New entry rules for highly-skilled migrants and company transferees. Shams, Samar // People Management;4/22/2010, p35
The article reports on the move made by the British Border Agency in April 2010 to announce changes to its immigration system, affecting highly-skilled migrants and company transferees.
- MigraciÃ³n con dignidad a travÃ©s de las fronteras en Kiribati. McNamara, Karen E. // Revista Migraciones Forzadas;6/1/15, Issue 49, p62
No abstract available.
- Agreement on Internal Trade - How does it affect your profession? Khan, Y. Ali // Eye Care Review;Apr2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses the internal trade being faced by Canadians in moving between provinces in Canada. It states the Educational and licensing standard is one issue in internal trading because of the great differences from province to province within the country. It also mentions that...
- Letters. // Time;8/18/1961, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the remarks on President Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia in the July 28, 1961 issue, the Nisei relocation plan, and the fallout shelters in the August 4, 1961 issue.