How to address poor performance
- Experts: Many managers can't give constructive criticism. Craver, Jack // BenefitsPRO;9/15/2016, p1
Millions of Americans have no idea whether they're good at their jobs or not. At least that's what is posited in a recent column in Forbes ...
- How to Document a Performance Review. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/5/2015, p2
The article presents guidelines on how managers can document the annual review of employees' performance and mentions topics including the objective recording of observations about the employees' job performance and positive feedback through a combination of achievements and character-based praise.
- FORMING A BASE FOR THE ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF THE HRM IMPACT AT THE LEVEL OF THE ORGANIZATION. DURAKOVA, Irina B. // Economic Analysis;apr2015, Issue 13, p68
Subject The subject of the research is the basis of the economic analysis of the impact of HR management. Objectives The purpose of the article is the viewing of foreign experience of staff management performance. Methods The author shows the version by R. Wunderer on four ways of measuring the...
- HOW'S YOUR PERFORMANCE. Thompson, Carla; Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p88
Discusses the benefits of workplace performance evaluations. Importance of having a clear understanding of an employee's role in any given situation; Significance of an open communication between employers and employees.
- AGE AND WORK PERFORMANCE IN NONMANAGERIAL JOBS: THE EFFECTS OF EXPERIENCE AND OCCUPATIONAL TYPE. Avolio, Bruce J.; Waldman, David A.; McDaniel, Michael A. // Academy of Management Journal;Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p407
This study examined the relative explanatory powers of age and total years of experience in an occupation for predicting supervisory ratings of work performance. As predicted, results indicated that experience was a better predictor of performance than age. A breakdown of jobs into five...
- GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Davis, Patricia; Rogers, Robert W. // Catalyst (21519390);Summer2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p13
This article offers organizations several pieces of advice on how to get the most from their performance management system. The authors note that organizations need to determine the reasons why they are not realizing satisfying results from their performance management system. The rest of this...
- Great expectations. Newman, Darren // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p20
The article describes a model policy for dealing with under-performing employees. It enumerates the steps that employers should take before implementing the policy, ways of determining when to use the disciplinary procedure and ways of keeping records of meetings conducted under the procedure....
- Chapter 17: Staff appraisal. // Managing & Employing People Pocketbook;7/1/2004, p193
Chapter 17 of the book "Managing & Employing People" is presented. It discusses the appraisal of the performance of the staff to determine their improvement. It also elaborates the purposes of the said appraisal system, among which include reviewing overall performance during a given period of...
- Tendencias de formaciÃ³n. López, Ángel // Capital Humano;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 252, p30
No abstract available.