Employee voice 'critical' to boosting engagement
- Different strategies can 'convert' the boss to innovation. Willax, Paul A. // New Hampshire Business Review;05/07/99, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p3
Presents some few techniques that can help forward-thinking employees get their superiors to buy into proposals for dramatic change in the company. Making sure that the boss is privy to the forces of change; Tactfully using every opportunity to provide feedback; Giving examples; Taking...
- Controlling change. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;9/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p40
Discusses the need for an involvement by employees in leading organizational change. Importance of an involvement plan; Components of a change management plan; Example of an employee involvement scenario.
- TRAINING AND RESTRUCTURING IN ORGANIZATIONAL IMPROVEMENT. Luke, Robert // Training & Development Journal;Nov79, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p37
Discusses the training and restructuring in organization development (OD). Findings of a research on dissatisfaction; Positive effects to employees who were provided opportunities to assume more responsibility for work processes; Overview on a pajama manufacturing company's efforts at...
- TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT'S DUAL RESPONSIBILITIES - Individual and Organization Development. Lippitt, Gordon L. // Training & Development Journal;Nov69, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p2
Explains the concept of consultative or participative organizational system at work. Differences between the consultative and authoritarian systems; Implications of the consultative system for organization development activities; Implications of the concept for individual development plans and...
- Engagement Conference. // People Management;Jan2014, p60
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) conference on the benefits of employee engagement to be held in London, England from January 29-30, 2014.
- Culture Change. Holman, Peggy // Executive Excellence;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the high involvement and system-wide approach to organizational change. Motivation by a shared and compelling picture of a desired outcome; Belief in the existence of knowledge and wisdom in people; Establishment of purpose and target participants; Pointers for a successful whole...
- Becoming a change master. // Supervisory Management;Aug94, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p6
Suggests ways by which managers can facilitate changes in a company. Reception to employees' ideas for change; Building a sense of team to help win employee support for change; Reasons for change; Art of persuasion; Projecting teams as a structure for change; Overcoming resistance to change.
- TREASURE IRELAND. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p47
The article offers information on the annual conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) from May 21 to 22, 2007 in Kilkenny, Ireland.
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.