Ask the speakers
- Careers-CPD. // Occupational Health;Dec2013, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on difficulty in managing sickness absence at workplace and biological barriers to working. Topics discussed include impact of sick payment provision on encouraging and discouraging absenteeism, treating healthcare professionals have about the work and working environment,...
- NEWS FROM THE WEB. // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p8
This section offers news briefs concerning human resource management in Great Britain as of September 10, 2009. Communities and local government secretary John Denham has requested for the investigation of granting large severance pay to council chiefs. Network Rail is planning to terminate...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
This section offers employment management-related news briefs in Great Britain including the increase in the number of older workers and the recommendation by health expert Dr. Steve Boorman that the government improve the staff's health and well-being.
- MASTER: CLASS. // Management Today;Feb2010, p20
The article focuses on the implementation of management by walking around (MBWA) as an effective management theory to communicate and manage rank and file employees in Great Britain.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;4/22/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs related to employment in Great Britain as of April 2010 including the integration of employer brand with reward strategy, the use by organizations of coaching, and the human resource department conference to be conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- Â£37bn in budget cuts 400,000 jobs must go Now for the good news... CHYNOWETH, CARLY // People Management;Oct2015, p38
The article examines how many HR (human resources) departments in the British public sector are addressing economic challenges. Information is provided on the British government's budget reductions in public spending and how it has led to increased redundancy costs. Particular attention is given...