Help the country provide 'good work' HR urged
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;3/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p48
A calendar of events for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2009, including the Diversity seminar, the "Accelerated learning: panacea, holy grail or a load of old tosh?" seminar, and the Employment law event, is presented.
- Events. // Recruiter;Oct2012, p6
A calendar of events is presented including the Institute of Recruitment Professionals Awards 2012 in London, England on October 25, Pan-European Job Board Summit in London on November 30, and the CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition in Manchester on November 6-8.
- Manchester and beyond. Cheese, Peter // People Management;Dec2013, p5
The article discusses the highlights of the Annual Conference and Exhibition (ACE) of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) held in Manchester, England in November 2013. Various topics focused on human resources (HR) and people management were discussed at sessions including...
- Taking it on the chin. Pickard, Jane // People Management;11/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p14
Discusses the findings of a research, which was reported at the 2001 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development conference, on the perception of employees toward personnel managers. Claims on the lack of confidence among personnel managers and their failure to be assertive in the...
- Provocative, insightful, influential: the new HR. // People Management;11/25/2010, p12
The article presents information on a session that was held during the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) conference in Manchester, England in 2010, urging human resource (HR) professionals to improve their ability to become insight-driven. CIPD chief executive officer (CEO)...
- "If you have to ask for a seat at the table, you don't deserve one". // People Management;Sep2014, p10
An interview with Rita Trehan, the human resources (HR) director at energy company AES, is presented. She discusses the important role of HR professionals and the need for HR to change in order to keep up with emerging technology and the speed of business change. Her upcoming appearance at the...
- NEWS IN 60 SECONDS. // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p11
The article offers an update related to employment in Great Britain as of October 2006. National Health Service Employers has launched an awareness campaign about bullying in the health service. "People Management" periodical will hold an exhibit at the annual conference and exhibition of...
- Campaign 2012. Cox Jr., Thomas A. // Atlanta Tribune;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p19
The article focuses on the need for business owners, human resource professionals and management to prepare for the possible impact of political activities and political views in the workplace brought by the presidential campaign in 2012. Employers are advised to implement and adverse employment...
- Engagement Conference. // People Management;Jan2014, p60
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) conference on the benefits of employee engagement to be held in London, England from January 29-30, 2014.