- Ministers accused of U-turn as two-tier code put on hold. Day, Karen // Public Finance;1/24/2003, p6
Reports on the dispute between private sector and unions over the postponement of the two-tier employment code in Great Britain. Reason for the reluctance of the government to publish the employment code; Fury of unions on the insertion of an arbitration clause into the code.
- Budgets rise more in two-tier councils. // Public Finance;08/09/96, p3
Focuses on shire councils budget that remained two-tier showed at Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) figures. Comments of Association of County Councils (ACC) concerning the figures.
- Highs & lows. Henricks, Mark // Entrepreneur;Oct97, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p75
Presents information on two-tier marketing. Details on the chicken company Mike Helgeson; Information on the development of the company Gold'n Plump; Names of companies using two-tier marketing; Comments from chief executive officer of Gold'n Plump Poultry Incorporated Mike Helgeson.
- Unison conference looks for two-tier fight. Day, Karen // Public Finance;6/14/2002, p10
Reports on the decision of Unison to reverse its support for the ministerial proposals of the British government on two-tier workforce in June 2002. Opposition of the union to privatization; Proposal on the development of a code of practice for outsourced staff; Statement issued by Unison...
- Two-tier compensation. Cowans, Deborah Shalowi // Business Insurance;3/14/94, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the two-tier compensation arrangement between Illinois's United Airlines Incorporated and its employees. Arrangement as part of the concessions employees are making in return for acquiring a majority stake in the airline and its parent company; Employee stock ownership plan; Revamp of...
- Two-tier tactics under scrutiny. Mullen, Rosalind // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/27/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4261, p18
Reports on criticism over the decision of the government of Great Britain to set up a code of practice to eradicate the two-tier workforce in local authorities contracts, as of February 2003. Overview of the revisions made on the Transfer of Undertakings regulations; Speculation over the...
- Banking commission: Scrap approved persons regime and create criminaloffence for bankers. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);6/19/2013, p6
The article focuses on a report released by the parliamentary commission on banking standards in Great Britain, proposing that the approved persons regime for banking staff be replaced with a two-tier system.
- CIPFA reveals two tiers in public service. // Public Finance;06/16/95, p3
Reports the creation of a two-tier public service due to lower than average pay rises in some public sectors according to the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy in Great Britain.
- Labour faces calls to enforce two-tier code. Day, Karen // Public Finance;
Reports on the growing campaign of unions to undermine local government deal on the two-tier workforce. Allegations that two London boroughs, Westminster and Wandsworth were attempting to parts of the Best Value Code; Effects of the code on workers in outsourced contracts terms and conditions;...