SMEs warm to pensions auto-enrolment for staff
- Eployee pensions lead to tax savings for small biz. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/27/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 60, p8A
Reports on the creation of employee pension plans for sheltering revenues from taxation by the small businesses in Long Island, New York. Benefits of the plans for the employees; Changes in the pension legislation and accounting practices; Effect of the plans on the companies.
- Small-business owners can turn to traditional tool to reduce tax: pensions. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/2/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information on the efficacy of pensions in reducing taxes of small business owners in New Jersey.
- Small business pensions SIMPLE. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/02/96, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p1
Focuses on the Savings Investment Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE) retirement savings account for small businesses. Eligibility of employees with at least $5,000 in annual compensation; Contribution of the employer to the savings account; Promotion of SIMPLE.
- Small firms are shutting down DB schemes. // Money Marketing;6/6/2002, p13
Reports that small businesses in Great Britain are following the pension lead set by bigger companies with a quarter of those with a final salary scheme intending to close or wind up their plans in the next year, according to research from consulting actuary Hazell Carr. Percent of firms that...
- Auto-enrol to be easier for SMEs. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;2/7/2013, p25
The article reports on the move by the British Department for Work and Pensions to develop a substantial auto-enrolment simplification programme in 2014 to make the automatic enrolment scheme easier for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in Great Britain.
- Firms explore a Simple pension plan. Gatland, Laura // Crain's Small Business -- Chicago Edition;Feb97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, pF5
Presents information on the Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (Simple), an option for small businesses whose pension plans have become too expensive. How Simple works; Benefits of Simple; Types of companies which might be interested in Simple.
- Do every legal thing you can to reduce your taxes. Hense, Paul A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/1/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p11
The author looks into various ways that small businesses in the U.S. may reduce their tax obligations legally, including bonus depreciation and pension plans.
- Support for SMEs adopting pensions auto-enrolment. // Management Services;Spring2014, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the effectiveness and challenges of the use of pensions auto-enrolment for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
- Super freebie little used. Bailey, Michael // BRW;5/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the few employing small businesses that have signed up for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House in Australia in 2011, which allows employers to pay their entire superannuation contributions to one location.