New study options launched
- Mind the learning gap. Schramm, Jennifer // People Management;8/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p59
Focuses on the report 'The Future of Learning for Work' which explores how changes in learning access, delivery and costs could affect the way people learn for work and employability in the future. Purpose of the report launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development;...
- HOW PEOPLE LEARN. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p56
Reports the research from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development to introduce richer mixes of learning processes in Ireland.
- TRAINING. CHURCHARD, CLAIRE // People Management;May2012, p12
The article discusses a survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) finding that older learning and development (L&D) models including the Myers-Briggs, Belbin Team Roles, and Honey & Mumford's models are more commonly used than modern technological alternatives.
- Lifestyle learning. Norris, Guy // People Management;7/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p40
Discusses the developments implemented in the flexible learning program of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Changes in the materials and methods used for the program; Benefits of introducing electronic learning to students; Details of a learner support Web site...
- Managers urged to support learning. Cottell, Colin // People Management;4/19/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the results of the "Learning and Development 2007"survey conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. It showed that 44% of human resource (HR) respondents judged their line managers to be not very effective. In addition, 74%...
- Future L&D. // People Management;Oct2016, p55
The article reviews the Future L&D podcasts from Great Britain's Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) association which can be accessed on the www.cipd/co.uk/podcasts website, and it mentions information about learning and development.
- A web of debate. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on a debate on electronic learning (e-learning), posted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's web site. Focus of the web site; Problems with e-learning technologies; Need for greater collaboration between the technical experts and trainers; Factor in determining the...
- A look back on research. Turner, Paul // People Management;4/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p51
Examines the research efforts of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development which aims to establish information on learning, training and development for employees in Great Britain. Web site on electronic learning debate; Employee training in knowledge economy; Inequality in employee...
- Culture vultures don't wing it. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training & Coaching Today;Mar2008, p16
This article discusses the establishment of coaching culture with an organization. Coaching culture is a phrase that describes an environment where coaching is the norm for individuals, teams and the whole organization. However, this desire can lead to ill-targeted spending and effort, according...