- Courtroom round-up. Aikin, Olga // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p55
Presents various legal court cases regarding personnel and business management in Great Britain. Janes Solicitors versus Lamb-Simpson; Lane versus Shire Roofing; Ali versus Christian Salvesen Food Services.
- Change in work sufficient. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Feb1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1086, p46
Reports on a case concerning employee redundancy in Great Britain. Background of the case; Court decision; Review of related law.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;9/2/2010, p29
The article discusses several court cases related to people management in Great Britain including Astra Zeneca UK v. HMRC, Aylott v. Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council, and McCann v. Clydebank College.
- Best employment practices help avoid litigation. Bekken, Rob; Burnham, Tony // Business Press;06/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p21
Focuses on personnel management strategies for employees to prevent litigations. Hiring procedures to screen out employees who would eventually cause problems; Types of questions to consider and avoid when interviewing; Results-oriented position descriptions; Monitoring strategies for performance.
- HR execs try to curb worker lawsuits. Maurice, Alex // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/07/98, Vol. 102 Issue 49, p9
Reports on an employee lawsuit survey in the United States which found that human resource executives are becoming `proactive' in combating workplace lawsuits. Creation or expansion of policy manuals; Implementation of training programs for managers and supervisors; Development of employee...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;May2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p3
The article discusses two court cases on topics related to employee management lawsuits, one on the fair treatment of all employees in issuing disciplinary actions like termination of employment and one on the lawsuit concerning a promised that an employer failed to meet.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p3
The article offers brief accounts of court cases related to employee and personnel management in Illinois, including the case of Ryan Lord which the court ruled that firing him is seen as retaliation and the case of Erin Eile who complained of indoor pollution.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Mar2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses court cases regarding human resource (HR) management in the U.S., wherein several Quest Communication call center employees sued their company for overtime violations, and the litigation of Karen Chambers, who sued her employer for Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993...
- How to stay out of court. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;May98, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p52
Introduces the video training program `Avoiding Litigation Landmines: A Survival for Managers' which shows employers how to avoid employment litigation. Recommended retail price; Ordering information.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;10/14/2010, p30
The article discusses several court cases related to people management in Great Britain in 2010 including Kelly v. University of Southampton, Wakefield v. DWP, and Bullimore v. Pothecary Witham Weld.