High earners take a hit to pensions
- A matter of principle. // Money Marketing;10/21/2010, p55
In this article the author discusses his views on the formulation of the new pension tax reforms by the British government as a response to the reasonable concerns conveyed by the pension industry.
- Damaging the incentive to save. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;2/4/2016, p3
The article discusses aspects of British Chancellor George Osborne's plans to introduce a flat rate of tax relief for pensions in his March 2016 budget, citing that tax savers who have historically had the most to gain from maxing out on pension contributions may move away from pension savings.
- A cut too far. Hunter, Teresa // Corporate Adviser;Jul2011, p51
The article offers the author's view on the pension strategy proposing by the British government. She mentions a debate by the Conservatives about the reduction of tax relief on pension savings. She stresses that the pension schemes that slash higher rate tax relief would fatally wound the...
- David Miliband: Limit pension tax relief to ï¿½26k. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);1/9/2013, p7
The article reports that Labour Minister of Parliament (MP) David Miliband has joined Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls to attack the pension tax relief by suggesting a limit of ï¿½26,000 a year in Great Britain. Miliband has said that the government have made a point that no one should be receiving...
- CLEAR AS MUD? DUCKETT, GRAHAM // Accountancy;Aug2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1404, p46
The article reports on the proposed changes to pension tax relief in Great Britain. It discusses how details of the proposed changes to pensions have remained vague despite the efforts of the British government to develop alternative ways to implement restrictions on pension tax relief....
- UK Budget: backward steps for the pensions industry. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p129
In this article, the author discusses the impact on the move of the British government to reduce the pension tax relief for high earners by 20%. The author expresses that the move would affect the pensions industry at the same time undermine consumer confidence in pensions. According to the...
- The Money Marketing Podcast: Ripping up the pension tax rulebook. Brodbeck, Sam // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/20/2015, p20
The article focuses on the second episode of Money Marketing podcasts regarding pension tax. Topics discussed include criticism by pensions reporter Sam Brodbeck and law firm Eversheds senior associate Tim Smith in relation with the plan of the British government for pension tax relief, reform...
- Parliament. Thomas, Joe // Marketing (00253650);5/19/2010, p21
The article questions whether a change in administration in Great Britain be enough to restore faith in politics.
- SOAP BOX. // PRWeek (London);6/21/2013, p13
The article discusses developments related to politics and government in Great Britain as of June 21, 2013.