How HR made a difference
- Sing if you're winning. Matthews, Virginia // Personnel Today;8/7/2007, p26
The article presents information on some techniques to improve employee-training with reference to some case studies. It reflects that complex tasks of a firm will be more fruitful if the training is inclusive of something like an opera or a jazz singing to motivate the staff. The article also...
- Training begins for 'at home' staff. // Cabinet Maker;10/2/2009, Issue 5657, p6
The article reports on the move of John Lewis Partnership PLC to begin training its "at home" staff to undergo hands on and classroom style teaching in Poole, England. It notes that the staffs are being trained for the opening of the first dedicated home store in Poole. It mentions that the firm...
- Department stores step up Web service efforts. // Marketing Week;10/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p15
Reports the launching of Web services for customers by department stores in Great Britain. Efforts of John Lewis department store to become the leading direct selling retailer in the country; Features of the johnlewis.com; Introduction of the debenhams.com.
- Lessons from John Lewis. Oliphant, Jane // DIY Week;11/16/2012, p6
The author discusses aspects of how the John Lewis Partnership PLC treat their customers and the plan of Labour Leader Ed Miliband to name and shame employers who do not pay their employees more than a living wage.
- Good week forâ€¦. // Personnel Today;3/11/2008, p6
The article presents information on various developments related to personnel management that have taken place in Great Britain. The department store John Lewis Partnership PLC's staff, which co-owns the business are to receive bonuses worth about 10 weeks' pay after the firm reported an 18.7%...
- JL home sales drop as consumers focus outdoors. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2011, Issue 5738, p8
The article reports on the drop of 5.6 percent in the year on year home sales of store retailer John Lewis Partnership PLC for the week ending May 7, 2011 due to consumers focus on outdoors
- Partner control. // AV Magazine;May2008, p33
The article presents a case study of John Lewis Partnership PLC's conference and training facility, the Bernard Miller Centre, in Berkshire, England. The facility is found to be environment friendly, which has a covered grass roof with a remote controlled lawnmower. The building also has...
- letters. // Housewares;Oct2003, Issue 177, p42
Presents letters to the editor on the housewares industry in the October 2003 issue of the journal 'Housewares' in Great Britain. Customer service at John Lewis; Sales of the aprons of Teg Design.
- Many happy returns. Hosea, Maeve // In-Store;May2005, p25
Discusses the benefits of having an accommodating returns policy to retail brands. Advantages of purchasing a furniture from a store accredited by Great Britain's Qualitas Furnishing Standards body; Information on the returns policy implemented at clothing company John Lewis; Refund offered by...