LINKS & NOTES
- HR can prevent repeat of another WorldCom. // Personnel Today;7/2/2002, p1
Reports the role of human resource (HR) management professionals in preventing the WorldCom crisis. Involvement of HR in corporate social responsibility (CSR); Decline of the worldwide stock exchanges; Views of economist John Philpott on the importance of HR management professionals on CSR.
- Bonuses widen pay inequality. // People Management;12/26/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p7
Reports that the trend towards employers paying more bonuses as part of total earnings is a key factor in the widening of the gender pay gap in 2002, according to economist John Philpott. Factors affecting the pay gap.
- Hit the right note. Philpott, John // People Management;9/25/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p22
Presents the views of John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, on the human resource profession in Great Britain. Significance of voluntary commitment among employees; Role of senior management to achieve high-performance; Factors that are...
- Focus on returns to save well-being from credit crunch. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;5/29/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p11
The article states that human resources (HR) will need to press the business case for well-being initiatives to ensure they are not cut during tough economic times, according to absence management experts in Great Britain. John Philpott said that the next two years would be challenging for the...
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;6/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the appointment of John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain, to a new expert panel on skills and productivity, as of June 2004.
- The professionals. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;May2008, p13
Information about several issues discussed at the HRD2008 conference in London, England related to the need for learning and development (L&D) practitioners to become more professional to meet future demands and challenges is presented. Topics include the importance of training junior L&D teams...
- Cut pay or cut jobs. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p1
The article reports on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which has urged human resources (HR) in Great Britain to deliver a clear message to workers and unions that it's either lower pay rises or more job cuts. According to John Philpott, chief economist at the CIPD, if...
- Upside to the downturn. Clark, Lindsay // Personnel Today;2/24/2009, p7
The article presents the views of chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), John Philpott on the challenges faced by human resources (HR) professionals in the economic recession. Philpott says that since the recession will continue for a least another year...
- Bleak forecast for recruitment for next year. // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p5
The article focuses on the 2009 prediction for recruitment industry in London, England. John Philpott, Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD's) chief economist warns the industry that 2009 will be struggling year for recruitment due to the continuing global recession. He recommends...