LINKS & NOTES
- Georgia's new law harsh on licensing. BURRESS, JIM // Filipino Reporter;11/23/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p1
The article discusses Georgia's new immigration law on professional license renewal requiring proof of citizenship or legal residency that is seen to affect hundreds of health care workers' license application, with office staff to process the extra paperwork reduced by 40% due to budget cuts.
- LettersBlogs&Foru. Mcdonnell, Russell; Turvil, Philip; Sullivan, Sidney // Horticulture Week;2/10/2012, p18
The article reports on the immigration of a large number of senior park managers in London, England as a result of budget cuts.
- London calling. JUDAH, BEN // Prospect;Feb2016, Issue 239, p52
The article focuses on London, England as the place where immigrants from all over the world live. It mentions that 55 per cent of the population of the city is not ethnically British while 40 percent were born abroad. It adds that among the residences of the city were Polish, Romanians and...
- Migration and Homelessness: Exploring Attachment to Place amongst Francophone, Anglophone and Indigenous People in Northeastern Ontario. Kauppi, Carol; Pallard, Henri; Shaikh, Arshi // Spaces & Flows: An International Journal of Urban & Extra Urban ;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p97
Place and space are central to human ways of organizing the experience of living. Homelessness is an experience of displacement that profoundly modifies a person's sense of self and place. This paper examines the forces that propel the flow of migratory homeless people into urban communities in...
- Florida agriculture facing water, immigration, research challenges. Douglas, Julie // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/24/2012, p5
The article cites water availability, immigration and agricultural research as top threats for Florida agriculture according to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Deputy Commissioner Shannon Shepp. Shepp stressed at an American Seed Trade Association's conference that...
- national. // Hill;2/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p9
The article offers updates related to politics and government in the U.S. including the request of governors to moderate budget cuts, the decline in the rate of penalties for immigrants and the passage of a bill which will establish a pool of money to reimburse medical workers and hospitals.
- Creating, Sustaining, and Losing Place: Homelessness in the Context of Disaster. Phillips, Brenda D. // Humanity & Society;Feb96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p94
The article focuses on the 1989 California earthquake in order to explain roles of places in the lives of those who are homeless. A social and physical construction of place occurs even in the context of homelessness, at times by the homeless but also under community influence. Although the...
- TEIXEIRA v (1) LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH (2) SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE HOME DEPARTMENT. Lim, Andrew Sinclair // European Law Reports;Mar2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p253
The article discusses a court case where the plaintiff contends that the decision of the London Borough of Lambeth ('Lambeth') in England is against Article 12 of Council Regulation No. 1612/68. It mentions that the complainant applied for housing under Part 7 of the Housing Act 1996 on the...
- LETTER FROM DUBLIN. Murphy, Colin // Prospect;Jul2010, Issue 172, p27
The article presents the author's statements concerning the abandoned estates, villages, and hotels in Ireland. The author states that Irish citizens started to immigrate during the potato blight, which caused them to starved, in 1800. In addition, the author notes that there are about 600...