- 'Speak English' order sparks racism
row at McDonald's branch. Frewin, Angela // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p8
Reveals that fast-food chain McDonald's has been reported to the Commission for Racial Equality after a Manchester, England branch ordered its staff to speak English at all times even when they are on their breaks. Allegations against the company-owned restaurant; Denial by McDonald's that the...
- McLibel trial. // Earth Island Journal;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
Reports on McDonald's filing of a libel lawsuit against two unemployed British activists for handing out a `factsheet' on the health and environmental hazards of the burger business.
- Just the Fats. Flahardy, Cathleen // InsideCounsel;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 228, p14
The article discusses a court ruling that awarded 17,500 U.S. dollars to a franchise manager at a branch of fast food restaurant chain McDonald's in Brazil after the franchise manager claimed that the company's free lunch offerings and frequent food sampling increased his daily caloric intake.
- Minimize liability suits with good operations policies. Aronson, Mort // Hotel & Motel Management;9/18/2007, Vol. 222 Issue 16, p15
The article discusses the efforts of the hotel franchisors and franchisees to minimize liability claims in the hospitality industry. The hotel franchising community has shared their mutual benefits to diffuse the successful vicarious liability that occur at the franchised hotel property. They...
- McDonald's Will Pay $10M Over Fries Flap. // Restaurant Business;Apr2002, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the payment by McDonald's of 10 million dollars and issuance of an apology to settle lawsuits alleging that it misled consumers over the composition of the french fries in the U.S. Lawsuit filed by vegetarian and Hindu groups against the fast food giant; Recipients of the payment;...
- We have to accept responsibility for our own actions. // Inside Tucson Business;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 28, p4
Editorial. Comments on the judgment issued by a New Mexico jury in the case of a woman who had been burned by hot coffee that she spilled in her lap while driving away from McDonald's. Punitive damages; Negligence of plaintiffs; Justifications for verdicts.
- Franchisee files discrimination suit against McDonald's. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p2
Reports that a McDonald's franchisee in Hartford, Connecticut, filed a lawsuit against McDonald's Corp. for alleged breach of contract, fraud and racial discrimination. Opening of McDonald's restaurants close to plaintiff's restaurant; Drop in sales; Encroachment complaint.
- McLibel verdict--lost...and won! // Animals Today;Aug-Oct97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the conviction of McDonald's Restaurants in US and Great Britain for cruel practices in the rearing and slaughter of animals in June 1997. Two environmental activists; Description of rearing practices of animals for food.
- Sue the Bastards...Or Not. Eviatar, Daphne // Dissent (00123846);Summer2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p97
Presents a mockery on legal system in the U.S. by providing examples of few lawsuits filed by people against corporations in spite of their own mistakes. Case when a woman filed a lawsuit against McDonald's Corp.; Case when parents of a teenager charged McDonald's Corp.; Role played by...