Upturn sees John Lewis boost its graduate intake
- John Lewis estimate 5,000 recruitment opportunities. // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2009, Issue 5624, p8
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership PLC has estimated 350 recruitment opportunities with the opening of a new distribution centre in Milton Keynes, London. The facility is set to open in May 2009 following the closure of the company's distribution centre in Stevenage, England in...
- Training begins for 'at home' staff. // Cabinet Maker;10/2/2009, Issue 5657, p6
The article reports on the move of John Lewis Partnership PLC to begin training its "at home" staff to undergo hands on and classroom style teaching in Poole, England. It notes that the staffs are being trained for the opening of the first dedicated home store in Poole. It mentions that the firm...
- Top job... Laura Whyte. // Personnel Today;2/24/2009, p30
An interview with Laura Whyte, personal director at John Lewis, a retail trade firm, is presented. When asked about her responsibilities, she replies that her main responsibility was to ensure that the organization's principles are an integral part of their work culture. On her main duties in...
- John Lewis begins recruiting for homewares store. // Cabinet Maker;7/24/2009, Issue 5647, p4
The article reports on the move of department store retailer John Lewis Partnership PLC in starting its recruitment campaign for homewares store in Poole, England. The retailer is indicated to hire more than 100 full-time and part-time staff including specialist advisers, sales assistants, and...
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;7/3/2007, p30
The article announces appointments in human resources (HR) departments in Great Britain as of July 2007. John Lewis department stores has appointed Eric Gregory as personnel director. Stephen Jeffers has been appointed human resources and recruitment manager at Furniture4work. Polly Barnes has...
- There's `no holding JLP' as turnover climbs 14%. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p4
Reports on a 14 percent increase in the sales of furniture at John Lewis Partnership (JLP) as of the quarter ending February 7, 1998. Remarks from Nigel Brotherton, assistant director of trading; JLP's group store performance.
- JLP cautious, despite 15% increase in furniture sales. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p5
Reports on the growth of John Lewis Partnership's furniture sales in 1997. Outlets registering the highest sales; Comments from firm official, Stuart Hampson.
- JLP sales up. // Housewares;Sep95, Issue 121, p6
Reports that the sales of John Lewis Partnership's china and glass increased in the 13 weeks that ended on July 13, 1995.
- JLP makes record profits. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Mar/Apr97, Issue 133, p4
Reports on the 1996 performance success of the department store group, John Lewis Partnership (JLP). Statistics of JLP's pre-tax profits in 1996 to January 25, 1997; Comments of Stuart Hampson on the company's success; Basis of JLP's 1996 success; Warning of Hampson to JLP's partners and...