HR can 'prove itself' in merged councils
- Taking in the views. Allen, Andy // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
The article presents insights from Westminster City Council's director of human resource (HR) Graham White on how he has used Web 2.0 to boost engagement. According to White, the use of such technology offered relative accessibility. An online discussion forum that was accessible from within the...
- Councils model scraps parks departments. Ibrahim, Magda // Horticulture Week;8/14/2009, p3
The article reports on new model for local authorities called strategic commissioning in. According to the direcotr of human services Graham White of the Westminster City Council in London, England, it was carried out due to the pressure on the government concerning more joined-up working and...
- Just the job. Crabb, Steve // People Management;11/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p49
Focuses on the New Deal program of Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council in Great Britain. Aims of the council; Information on the Knowsley Deal; What the Youth at Risk program provides.
- DIVINE INTERVENTION... // Personnel Today;8/25/2009, p14
No abstract available.
- Councils advised to review policies on bonus schemes. // Employers Law;May2010, p4
The article reports that the Council HR departments have been advised to look at their bonus schemes carefully due to an equal pay case filed by up to 5,000 female workers against the Birmingham City Council in England for not paying them bonuses offered to male grave diggers.
- HR linked to high-performing councils. // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p11
Presents information on the 'Managing People' report released by an Audit Committee for councils in Great Britain. Purpose of the report; Important factors behind a successful people management; Number of councils with good management policies.
- THE EXCHANGE FACTOR. Brockett, James // People Management;11/9/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p34
The article reports that new opportunities for employees to have their say and a staff suggestion scheme with a difference have helped to revive the fortunes of a once-failing local authority, the Rotherham, England Metropolitan Borough Council. You cannot engage employees without listening to...
- HR Excellence Gold Award. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p7
The article focuses on the Work Perks as an innovative employee strategy used by Nottingham City Council in Nottingham, England. It is stated that Work Perks is an integral part of the company's strategy as innovative approach to green travel using salary sacrifice to purchase annual bus passes....
- Most effective use of internal communications. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p21
The article focuses on the efficiency of Work Perks used in internal communications of Nottingham City Council in Nottingham, England. Accordingly, an impressive 98% of new starters for the past 12 months said that they valued Work Perks. The judges of the human resources (HR) Excellence Awards...