Two New Products from Transitions
- Heads up for racing. // Popular Mechanics;Sep95, Vol. 172 Issue 9, p26
Reports on Team Penske's and Delco Electronics' development of a safety helmet for automobile race drivers. Features.
- Don't Lose Your Head. // Current Health 2;Oct2009, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p31
The article provides reasons for wearing helmets when riding a bike or on a skateboard such as safety, legislation and peer pressure.
- Don't Race Off Without One. // Current Health 1;Feb2000, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on bike helmet, a protection for injury.
- Kids Head Off Injury. // Current Health 1;Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the importance of wearing bicycle helmets to children. INSET: How to Wear a Helmet.
- What's the Right Way To Wear a Helmet? // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;5/2/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 25, p3
Identifies the correct ways of wearing a protective helmet. Position of the helmet; Correct fitting of the chin strap; Placing of the rear and front straps.
- Get the Most For Your Money. Cushionbury, Mike // Bicycling;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p75
Features the Trek Interval bicycle helmet from the company Trek.
- HEAD CASE. Riedy, Mark; Phillips, Matt; Cushionbury, Mike // Bicycling;Jan2004/Feb2005, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p72
Recommends various brands of bicycle helmets, including the Decibel from Specialized.
- Cycle Helmets and the Prevention of Injuries: Recommendations for Competitive Sport. Thompson, D.C.; Patterson, M.Q. // Sports Medicine;Apr1998, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p213
The scientific evidence that bicycle helmets protect against head, brain and facial injuries has been well established by 5 well designed case-control studies. Additional evidence of helmet effectiveness has been provided from time series studies in Australia and the US. Bicycle helmets of all...
- Helmet for diverse firefighting applications. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;May2011, p9
The article offers information on the F1-SF Structural Firefighting helmet.