- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23F, p28
The article offers brief information on several products including Sync Lenses from Hoya Free-Form Co., OAC 25 ion-assisted vacuum deposition autoregressive (AR) coating system from Coburn Technologies, and EasyForm Integrated Digital Free Form Processing System from Augen Optics.
- Expand Your 'Social Circle' on VisionMonday.com. // Vision Monday;10/17/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the 2011 CLICK conference, sponsored by Hoya Free-Form Co., including presentations from the eyecare professional community, talks on the expansion of digital media's influence, and sessions on social influence's role in changing the online profiles of brands.
- Prismatic lenses. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec96 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p28
Presents the Half Eye Prismatic lenses from COIL, United States. Availability of the lenses; Other lenses.
- Eye aid. Holmes, Roger // Woodworker's Journal;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p16
Recommends the use of a 10x magnifying lens for woodworking. Use in finishing processes, cutting edge of chisels and turning tools; Suggestion for readers.
- Lighter shades of pale. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul93, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p59
Announces the revival of wire-rimmed pastel-tinted lenses. Early Seventies; Beige and rose; Reintroduced by Oliver Peoples; Brands; Other popular hues; Price; Can be fitted with prescription; Color-coordinated accessory; 'Just for a look'.
- Chemistrie--Eyewear That CLICKS. Zelazowski, Dennis // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 37 Issue 14E, p38
The article features the magnetic layered clip-on lens Chemistrie, a removable lens layer for eyeglass wearers.
- The State of the Pseudophakic IOL. Hilton, Lisette // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 10, p8
Discusses the trends in pseudophakic intraocular lenses in the U.S. Advantages of the Alcon SA series lens; Tecnis Z9000 intraocular lens; Reduction in the incidence of posterior capsular opacification; Lenses in clinical trials. INSETS: Apodization;Pseudophakic Pearls.
- The Skinny on a Thin Lens. Hoffer, Kenneth J. // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10
Describes the ThinOptX acrylic chamber intraocular lens approved by the European Union in September 2002. First incidence of the IOL implantation in the U.S.; Refractive index of the material; Insertion process; Maneuver of the proximal haptic.
- Phakic IOLs EDGE CLOSER TO Approval. Sabbagh, Leslie B. // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 10, p15
Discusses the use of phakic intraocular lenses (IOL) for patients with high refractive errors, thin corneas and eyes with previous surgery. Two basic types of phakic IOL; Indications for the implantation of Artisan lens; Use of Staar Surgical's posterior chamber intraocular contact lens (ICL);...