AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS ROUNDTABLE
- TECHTALK. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 43 Issue 23F, p32
The article offers technical information for optical laboratories. Schneider Optical Machines sales director Kevin Cross stresses the importance of automated edging's ability to process each lens individually as well as having shape editing software. Kevin Paddy, Finishing director at National...
- Automation & Robotics Roundtable. // LabTalk;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 19C, p28
The article considers the views of industry experts on when, how and why laboratories should utilize automation and robotics. Steve Swalgen of Santinelli International says that it is a matter of having thorough utility to understand real initial cost as against lifetime savings. Kevin Paddy of...
- What a Doc Wants from The Lab, But Never Thought to Ask. Lamperelli, Karlen // Review of Optometry;1/15/2002 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p31
Suggest various ways to optometrists regarding the use of optical laboratories in the U.S. Information on a method to prepare a list of dispensary activities of optometrists; Ways to reduce the cost of maintenance of laboratories; Appraisal of the availability of lenses in laboratories;...
- Making Expenses Less Expensive. Weinberger, Joshua; Kwon, Regina // Baseline;Apr2003, Issue 17, p87
Presents a chart for calculating returns from automating expense management. Benefits of automated expense management.
- Optronics Offers Versatile Industrial Edger. // Vision Monday;9/21/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p056
The article reports on the plan of National Optronics to release the Helix five-axis industrial edging center by National Optronics in 2009. The unit is said to be designed for maximum versatility, has a small footprint and a competitive price. Accuracy and quality are improved by the ability of...
- Test Time: JDF-Enabled Return-on-Investment by the Numbers. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;7/23/2012, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p14
A quiz on how to calculate the potential return-on-investment (ROI) for automation projects is presented.
- Cash Withdrawls. // Credit Union Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the factors attributed to the eroding return on investment with automated teller machines (ATM) in the United States. Competition faced by ATM operators from debit cards; Study suggesting techniques to address the issue.
- ATM ROI. Courter, Eileen // Credit Union Management;Apr99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Answers whether automated teller machines (ATM) can get a sufficient return on investment without surcharging. Issues surrounding the ATM surcharging conversations; Hard-core dollars and cents; Gap in volume between ATMs; Approaches to boosting ATM revenue; Proposal of the United States...
- Calculator provides ROI for safety automation. // InTech;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the development of the web-based Safety Return on Investment calculator by Rockwell Automation to help manufacturers determine their potential annual return if they invest in an integrated safety automation system.