- New Wave's D.H-E-L-P reaches milestone. // Medical Device Daily;1/28/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p5
The article offers brief information on the D.H-E-L-P device, a flagship product from surgical device company New Wave Surgical.
- Navigation system for a mobile robot with a visual sensor using a fish-eye lens Kurata, Junichi; Grattan, Kenneth T.V.; Grattan, Kenneth T. V.; Uchiyama, Hironobu // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb1998, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p585
Evaluates a navigation system for a mobile robot with a visual sensor using a fish-eye lens. Calculation of the position of the robot on the floor using a gyroscope; Usefulness of the system for indoor vehicles; Effectiveness of the image processing circuits in the system; Improvement of the...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 40 Issue 23F, p34
The article offers brief information on various instruments for use in optical laboratories, including the i.Terminal 2 digital centration from Carl Zeiss Vision, the TrayTaxi robotic tray handling machine from E-Lens, and the KODAK Unique DS Progressive Lenses from Signet Armorlite.
- Integrators and end users flock to Fall trade shows. Wilson, Andrew // Vision Systems Design;Nov2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p13
The article provides information on the computer vision systems showcased at the PackExpo held in Las Vegas, Nevada and the biennial International Robots & Vision Show in Rosemont, Illinois. It includes the use of the high-speed camera system from Photron, LenZilla telecentric lens from...
- SECO PRODUCT REVIEW. // Review of Optometry;1/15/2005 Supplement, Vol. 142, p62A
Presents eye-care commercial products that will be displayed at the SECO International 2005 conference and exhibition in Atlanta, Georgia. Disposable contact lenses from CooperVision; Silicone hydrogel daily wear contact lenses from CIBA Vision; Laboratory robotic edging system from Santinelli...
- GOOD WEEK. // Engineer (00137758);7/3/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7703, p66
The article reports on developments in technology as of July 3, 2006. A contact lens cleaner has been developed which removes proteins that have accumulated over a day's wear. Microsoft has introduced software tools to enable developers to design robots and create and test programs that operate...
- Lighter laser. // Professional Engineering;11/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p52
Reports on the development of the small and lightweight six-axis robotic arm by Harmonic Drive AG. Capability of the product to reinforced plastics; Availability of the laser; Direction of the beam to the cutting head by a sequence of enclosed lenses and mirrors.
- Muscles, not motors. Duncheon, Charlie // Motion System Design;Mar2007, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p32
The article discusses electroactive polymer artificial muscles (EPAMs), a new technology that may replace conventional electromagnetic motor drives in some industrial applications. EPAMS, which are composed of a thin layer of polymer film between two compliant electrodes, are used in robots to...
- Automated Alignment of Robotic Pan-Tilt Camera Units Using Vision. Knight, Joss; Reid, Ian // International Journal of Computer Vision;Jul2006, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p219
In this paper we show how to carry out an automatic alignment of a pan-tilt camera platform with its natural coordinate frame, using only images obtained from the cameras during controlled motion of the unit. An active camera in aligned orientation represents the zero position for each axis, and...