Is Your Firm Prepared for Alzheimer's?
- How should robo-advisers be regulated? Shutan, Bruce // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;12/30/2015, p1
These automatic retirement plan programs have been disrupting the industry with computerized investment formulas and low prices, but do they have an unfair advantage at the regulatory level?
- FPA looking at tax agent concerns. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;3/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has addressed the concerns of tax agents on the impact of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 on the licensing requirements of financial planners in Australia.
- Planning groups dig in against opt-in. // Money Management;9/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the rage of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and the Financial Planning Association (FPA) against the opt-in found in the draft Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation in Australia.
- apesb standard hits the mark. Brown, Robert M. C. // Charter;Jul2011, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p40
In this article the author discusses the proposed Future of Financial Advice legislation (FOFA) in Australia. He addresses the bad reputation of some financial planners that is not good for younger ones. He emphasizes that the proposed standard will deliver comprehensive consumer-friendly reform...
- FRA wants limits on planner designation. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;8/6/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p3
The article focuses on the call made by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to limit the designation of financial planners in Australia. The call is contained in the FPA submission to the Parliamentary inquiry which contends that financial planners should take on a professional obligations...
- Growing on merit - not by compulsion. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p2
The author reflects on the Australian government's Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation and the impact of its ratification on financial planners in 2013.
- FPA Endorses Rule on Financial Titles. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jan2007, p4
The article reports on the support given by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) on the proposed rule by the Massachusetts Securities Division on financial titles used by financial services professionals. Robert Neil, FPA's Assistant Director of Government Relations, stated that the proposed...
- Will the real financial planner please stand up? Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the view of the international Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) wherein they believe that the law shall restrict and protect the title "financial planner" for a clear distinction.
- Cormann in disbelief over alleged FOFA deal. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;3/29/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Senator Mathias Cormann, spokeman for the Federal Opposition, has expressed his concern about the possible support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to Industry Super Network (ISN) that involves trade-offs on the future of financial advice (FOFA) bills.