Use Demographic Resources to Target Specific Audiences
- Quick facts show people, business and geography highlights. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/28/2001, Issue 322778, p9
Focuses on the significance of information provided by Quick Facts of the United States Census Bureau. Provision of essential information to the government, business, industry and the general public; Impact of the census information on the economic changes of the country.
- New Census Data Show Continued Suburban Growth. Besl, John R. // Indiana Business Review;Spring2003, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p9
The U.S. Census Bureau released population estimates for Indiana's 92 counties, revealing that the strong suburban growth trend of the 1990s is continuing.Between April 1, 2000 and July 1, 2002, Hamilton County's population is estimated to have grown by almost 23,000.Trailing right behind on the...
- China's Population Prospects: Problems Ahead. Eberstadt, Nicholas // Problems of Post-Communism;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p28
Speculates the demographic situation in China in 2025. Factors to consider; Statistics gathered by the United States Bureau of the Census in 1998; Prospective impact of the country on the world food market.
- Arkansas Migration and Population. Shbikat, Gazi; Striffler, Steve // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Fall2000, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p1
Examines trends in migration and population changes in the state of Arkansas using data from the United States Census for the years 1990 to 2000. Population growth of the state between 1990 and 2000; Race of people migrating into and out of the state; Why people are migrating.
- Bronx residents among the poorest in the state. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;9/28/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 40, p32
The article states that a report released in August 2006 by the U.S. Census Bureau revealed that some of New York's most impoverished people live in the Bronx, New York City. The median income for most residents with families in the Bronx is between $15,000 and $21,000 a year. The federal...
- Population Growth Is Good. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;10/23/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 36, p5
The author reflects on the growing population in the U.S. It says that the U.S. Census Bureau has estimated that the population in the country had reached to more than 300 million which some people can not accept. The author defends that successive generations of human inhabitants means further...
- Big Easy sees a growth spurt. // American City & County;Jul2009, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on a report from the U.S. Census Bureau which shows that New Orleans in Louisiana, was the fastest-growing city in the country in 2008. It states that the population of New Orleans have grown 8.2 percent between 2008 and 2007. It also mentions that the population of the city...
- So, How Many Hindus Are There in the US? // Hinduism Today;Jan-Mar2008, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p61
The article presents a forecasting on the populations of Hindu in the U.S. According to the American Community Survey conduced by the Census Bureau, accounted 2,482,141 Asian Indians wherein the expected population of Hindus in 2008 will reach 2,290,00. American Religious Identification Survey...
- Hispanic population growing. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/16/2014, pA02
There are 54 mil people of Hispanic heritage in the U.S., and 1.1 million Hispanics were added to the population between July 1, '12, and July 1, '13, according to a Census Bureau report for Hispanic Heritage Month. HHM began Sept. 15, in sync with independence celebrations of 5 Latin nations in...