Nearly Half of Small-Business Owners May Never Retire
- Consider taxes, cash flow in funded retirement plan. Donald Wright, M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug96, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p82
Discusses the funding approaches that must be considered by retiring business owners in the United States. Installment sale; Self-cancelling installment note; Private annuity.
- KeyBank survey: Many small-biz owners plan to delay retirement. Martino, Kristina // Business Journal (Central New York);3/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p12
The article presents a survey on retirement planning of small-business owners conducted by KeyBank Corp. in the U.S. Findings revealed that 85 percent of respondents are planning to delay retirement because of the need for more savings and concern about the increasing cost of medical care. In...
- Lifetime income plan can pose challenges. White, Joel C. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/15/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p20
Focuses on the challenges faced by business professionals who are close to retirement. Organization of financial resources to produce income that will last a lifetime; Analysis on lifetime income planning; Identification of risks.
- 'Personal Business' Retirement Plans. Sumutka, Alan R.; Sootkoos, Brian // CPA Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the primary retirement plan options for personal business owners in the U.S. who seek to maximize contributions and tax benefits. It examines the implications of ownership form for those options. It also considers the implications if a personal business commences as a...
- Understanding Today's High-Net-Worth Business Owner. Zultowski, Walter H. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/11/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 34, p25
The article discusses an issue related to an advisor's approach towards high-net-worth (HNW) business owners. A study from the annual Phoenix Wealth Survey shows that 60 percent of the HNW market are business owners who have greater concerns over their retirement security and their continuing...
- The beginning of the year is a great time to review retirement plans. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p7
The article offers information on the examination of retirement plans during the beginning of the year in the U.S. It notes that beginning of the year is a good time for business owners to review qualified retirement plans in relation to benefits and costs. It cites a proposed plan for review...
- Business owners' unique investment considerations. COHEN, DANIEL // New Hampshire Business Review;6/27/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p22
In this article, the author presents several tips for businesspeople who are looking for investments. It is opined that business owners should start a retirement plan many years in advance of their actual retirement. It is stated that the owner of a successful business should take the profits...
- WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? Szabo, Joan // Entrepreneur;Aug2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the benefits of a tax bill to entrepreneurs in the United States. Changes to the estate tax; Retirement planning options for entrepreneurs.
- Many factors go into deciding when to sell company. Kirk, Ed. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/14/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 6, pB4
The article offers various suggestions for business owners for planning transitions for their retirement. It is suggested to develop a transition strategy by planning various issues including management, legal and financial. Taking help of a professional wealth manager to financial planner for...