AAFP: MEDICARE GROUP NEEDS WATCHDOG
- AAFP criticizes CMS fee schedule. // Medical Economics;2/25/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) has criticized the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) due to its insufficient move to ensure value and reimbursement for primary care doctors.
- AAFP, Others Fight for GME Residency Slots and Urge CMS to Refine Proposed Rule. // American Family Physician;8/1/2012, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p225
The article reports on the concern of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), Council of Academic Family Medicine and other primary care organization regarding the proposed regulation of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on inpatient prospective payment system.
- MedPAC: care coordination iffy, but AAFP likes $20 monthly fee. McCarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;6/19/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 116, p1
The article offers information on the positive acceptance of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) in Leawood, Kansas, on the recently announced new program by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services which mandates that a monthly fee of 20 dollars per patient will be paid to...
- AAFP fires back on immunization coding edit. // Medical Economics;3/10/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p12
The article informs that the American Academy of Family Physicians spoke out in opposition to current procedural terminology code edits from the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' National Correct Coding Initiative, saying the edits may affect patients' access to immunizations.
- CMS Extends 2010 Medicare Provider Participation Enrollment Period. // American Family Physician;12/15/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p1348
No abstract available.
- Docs anxious for Medicare payment fix as Senate returns to Washington. Malamud, Matthew // AHA News;7/7/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p1
This article focuses on the task of finding a Medicare physician payment fix facing the U.S. Senate as they return to the Capitol Hill in July 2008. On July 1, doctors face a 10.6% reduction in Medicare payments. An action was taken by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to give...
- CY1O Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule Keeps Payment Formula. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the final rule published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that will revised payment policies under the Medicare physician fee schedule for CY10. The figures used to determine the estimates for sustainable growth rate (SGR) will be changed based on...
- RTA says thanks to CMS for doc fee schedule. McCarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;11/6/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p7
The article reports on the position of the Radiation Therapy Alliance on the doctor's fee schedule for calendar year 2013 released by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Ride the Waves of the Medicare's Latest Physician Fee Schedule Changes. // Eli's Rehab Report;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, pp89
The article focuses on the Final 2013 Physician Fee Schedule Rule of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). It notes the increment of therapy cap for occupational therapy and physical therapy from 1,880 to 1,900 dollars. Furthermore, it indicates that the CMS is requiring...