NavSea EOD Unit Doing Market Research on Automated Explosive Detection
- Raytheon Gets Potential $59 Million Contract For Mine Hunting System. // Defense Daily;9/20/2005, Vol. 227 Issue 55, p8
The article reports that Raytheon RTN is being awarded a contract by Naval Sea Systems Command for the development of a mine detecting system. The AN/AQS-20A sonar, mine detecting set is a component of the Organic Airborne Mine Countermeasures systems. Features of the system are described....
- Customer Service Second to None. Sasha, Stan S.; Osial, Richard R. // Sea Power;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p85
Highlights the Supervisors of Shipbuilding, Conversion, and Repair (SUPSHIP) at the United States Naval Sea Systems Command. Importance of the SUPSHIP to the Navy; Ships being supervised by the SUPSHIP; Mission of the SUPSHIP.
- Navy Highlights Wounded Warrior Employment at Annual Conference. // La Prensa San Diego;10/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p8
No abstract available.
- NEW US BACKPACK IED JAMMER. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2009, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p15
The article announces Sierra Nevada Corp. is the winner of a contest organized by the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command to manufacture new Joint Counter Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device Electronic Warfare (JCREW) 3.1 dismounted backpack jammers in 2009.
- Anchors Aweigh. Cleary, Mike // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the online marketplace launched by Naval Sea Systems Command devoted exclusively to procuring professional services, rather than materials or a combination of both. Contract savings Naval Sea is expecting; Contract won by Commerce One to host the marketplace; How the exchange works.
- Renaissance at NAVSEA. Keeter, Hunter // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p85
Focuses on the evolution of the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) as of April 2002. Restructuring of the NAVSEA in the 1990s; Goal of NAVSEA for its naval shipyards.
- Man Overboard Device Saves Sailors' Lives. Williams, Matthew // All Hands;Jan2008, Issue 1090, p6
The article reviews the Man Overboard Indicator (MOBI) system from the Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Hilarides Tapped As New NAVSEA Chief. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;1/25/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the nomination of Admiral William Hilarides as the commander of Naval Sea Systems Command in the U.S.
- Sea Service Notes. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p42
Presents news briefs on military and other issues in the United States. Design of the Sikorsky-built CH-60S helicopters; Delivery of USNS Watkins by the National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. to the Military Sealift Command; Survey of the Croatian port of Rijeka by the USNS Littlehales.