AMETEK's [AME]: ORTEC Rad Monitoring Portal in N.M. Reports No Downtime after One Year
- AMETEK's [AME]: ORTEC Introduces Software to Allow Advance Nuke Detection Search System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p4
The article reviews the commercial search software Detective-Mobile from ORTEC Products Group.
- New Products. Mandelis, Andreas // Review of Scientific Instruments;May2013, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p059501
The article evaluates scientific instruments including the LDM-1 integrated gamma-ray spectrometer from ORTEC Products Group, the Carmel fiber based femtosecond laser from Calmar Laser Inc., and the microVISC TC, a temperature controller for the handheld microVISC viscometer from RheoSense Inc.
- Focus on vacuum and cryogenics. Mandelis, Andreas // Physics Today;Oct2013, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p61
The article offers brief information on several new products including the Janis 1.5-K closed-cycle refrigerator cryostat from Janis Research Co. LLC, the Alpha Mega digital alpha spectrometer from Ortec Products Group, and the S59.0 variable leak valve from VAT Inc.
- Playing it cool with dirty bombs. // Engineer (00137758);4/19/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7598, p5
Reports on the development of a handheld device that can detect radiation from a bomb wherein conventional explosives are combined with nuclear material. Role of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California in its development; Components of...
- Calibration of the Improved Stratospheric and Mesospheric Sounder. Part II: Optical Alignment, Spatial, and Pressure Modulator Calibrations. Palmer, C.W.P.; Venters, P.; Knight, R.J.; Ballard, J.; Nightingale, T.J.; Morris, P.E. // Journal of Atmospheric & Oceanic Technology;Feb97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
In Part I the Improved Stratospheric and Mesospheric Sounder instrument and its calibration facility were described, and the results of the radiometric and spectral calibrations were presented. In Part II the remaining prelaunch calibrations are discussed. The optical calibrations include the...
- A Field Comparison among a Domeless Net Radiometer, Two Four-Component Net Radiometers, and a Domed Net Radiometer. Brotzge, J.A.; Duchon, C.E. // Journal of Atmospheric & Oceanic Technology;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1569
The Kipp & Zonen NR-Lite is a newly designed domeless net radiometer. In preparation for the Oklahoma Atmospheric Surface-layer Instrumentation System (OASIS) Project, the NR-Lite was rigorously field tested for over eight months during 1998. Seven NR-Lites were compared to an Eppley...
- Transfer standards address acoustic and angular variance. Jones-Bey, Hassaun A. // Laser Focus World;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, pS13
Reports on the development of transfer-standard detectors for radiometric applications. Technology to deal with acoustic and angular variance; Light traps' minimization of reflectance loss; Domain engineering's optimization of a mix of thinness, surface area and structural stability. INSET:...
- AN/PDR-77 Radiac Set... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar99, Issue 556, p44
Gives advice on the preventive maintenance of the AN/PDR-77 radiac set radiation device fielded by the Army. Cost of the crystal on the bottom of x-ray probe; How to handle it.
- Lasers help search for gravitational waves. Marx, Bridget R. // Laser Focus World;May96, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the GEO 600, a radiation detection system to be built near Hannover, Germany. Description; Problems with detecting gravitational waves; Vacuum level; Partners in developing the system.