Business Environment Challenges
- It's All Relative. Thiele Busch, Jennifer // Contract;Feb2002, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p16
The article reflects on issues related to the economic conditions and forecasts for the major business sectors in the U.S. It talks about a presentation by Ray Owens, a research officer for the Federal Reserve Bank, at CMD's North American Construction Forecast conference which focused on the...
- The BIZ QUIZ 2005. // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p18
Presents a quiz on knowledge of news from around the state that had an impact on Oregon business in 2005.
- A METHOD TO SELECT EFFECTIVE GROUPS OF ECONOMIC INFLUENCE AT AN ENTERPRISE. Kuzmin, O. Y.; Oleksiv, I. B. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;2012, Issue 8, p289
The article offers a method to select the effective groups of economic influence at an enterprise basing on the expert procedure of the analytical hierarchy process. This method enables the selection of the effective groups of economic influence of an enterprise by means of transforming the...
- Persistent and Transitory Shocks, Learning, and Investment Dynamics. MOORE, BARTHOLOMEW; SCHALLER, HUNTLEY // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Aug2002 Part 1, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p650
This paper introduces a new approach to understanding investment. The distinctive feature of our approach is that shocks to the economic fundamentals have both persistent and transitory components, and that firms must disentangle the persistent from the transitory shocks. The model generates...
- Country Intelligence: Ireland. // Ireland Country Monitor;May2013, p1
The article reports on the economic conditions in Ireland as of 2013, along with forecast for the future. Ireland's economy remained flat in the last three months of 2012, and the growth rate of the Irish economy was 0.9 percent as a whole during 2013. Gross national product (GNP), which...
- Outlook vs. Expectations. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;1/ 8/2014, p1
The article discusses the International Business Report (IBR) compiled by Grant Thornton LLP. This report highlights the conflict with the U.S. business community as of January 2014. The report also tackles the outlook and expectations of American business leaders with regard to economic conditions.
- THEORETICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL PRINCIPLES OF ESSENCE DEFINING AND EVALUATION OF THE CATEGORY "ECONOMIC STATE OF AN ENTERPRISE.". Turylo, A. M.; Agapova, A. V. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Feb2010, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p156
The article from the theoretical viewpoint grounds the essence of the category "economic state of an enterprise"; methodological principles of its evaluation are studied. Potential approaches to estimation of the enterprise economic state are presented.
- Economic Partnership sees Sullivan as next "boom county". Kahn, Kathy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p4
The article forecasts the economic condition of the County of Sullivan, New York. Various business enterprises like Mighty M Gaming, Allan Gerry's Bethel Woods are luring tourism dollars into the county. The economic partnership like the new Kohl's distribution and the nearing approval of the...
- A Roadmap for E-Business Implementation. Ming-Ling Chuang; Shaw, Wade H. // Engineering Management Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
The rapid deployment of e-business systems has surprised even the most futuristic management thinkers. Unfortunately, little empirical research has documented the variations of e-business solutions as major software vendors release complex IT products into the marketplace. The literature holds...