Modern armour and the survivability of combat and transport vehicles
- Cutting-Edge Ballistic Armor Solutions On Display. // Homeland Defense Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p84
The article focuses on the ballistic armor solutions of armor manufacturer Plasan Sasa that were presented at the 2007 Australian International Airshow in Victoria. During the event, Plasan exhibited its advanced armored vehicles, aircraft and personal protection solutions that are fully...
- Bahrain seeks to become regional center for aviation training; Israel Defense Forces developing electric armored combat vehicle; UAE unveils tandem-wing combat UAV with eight lightweight missiles. // Geo-Strategy Direct;11/30/2011, p7
The article offers news briefs related to defense sector of the world. The Gulf Aviation Academy, subsidiary of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Co. has awarded a 2.2 million dollars contract for the design of aerospace trainers in Bahrain. Israel's Plasan Sasa Ltd. has inked an agreement to develop...
- A COMPENDIUM OF LIGHT ARMOURED VEHICLES FOR 2014/15. // Armada International;Feb/Mar2014 Supplement, p18
Several photographs of light armoured vehicles for 2014 to 2015, including Cobra from Otokar, Dozor-B from Morozov Machine Building Design Bureau, and Sandcat from Plasan Sasa Ltd., are presented.
- INVINCIBLE TRUCK. Ripley, Tim // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/22/2006, Vol. 164 Issue 21, Special section p8
This article reports that Israel-based Plasan Sasa is building a technology demonstrator for a six-passenger, wheeled armored vehicle, which it plans to unveil at a closed U.S. Army event in September 2006. Designed for low-intensity conflicts and urban warfare, it will be a larger version of a...
- Plasan Sasa Receives Marine Corps Armor Contract From International. Kessner, B. C. // Defense Daily;6/5/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 45, p6
The article deals with the plan of Israel's Plasan Sasa to supply to International Military and Government (IMG) advanced Mine Resistance Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle protection for 1,200 Marine Corps armored vehicles. It has become one of the service's top priorities because MRAP vehicles...
- NEW MULTIPURPOSE UP-ARMORED HMMWV SOLUTION. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2005, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p206
Reports on the defense contract awarded to Plasan Sasa for its Up-Armored Multi-Purpose HMMWV version, the M-PAV in June 2005 by a North Atlantic Treaty Organization member. Specifications and capabilities of the military vehicle.
- Composite armor developments: AGY and Plasan Sasa. // High Performance Composites;Mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on composite armor developments by companies Plasan Sasa and AGY in 2008. Accordingly, Plasan will be supplying mine-resistant, ambush protected (MRAP) vehicle protection to International Military and Government LLC. Plasan is involved in the manufacture, assembly and...
- Oshkosh Expects More M-ATV Orders In Coming Weeks. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;8/4/2009, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that Oshkosh Corp. [OSK] is planning to build all of the new, lighter mine-resistant vehicles which the U.S. military wants by April 2010. The company beat four competitors in its bid to build the M-ATV, a lighter and more maneuverable version of the Mine Resistant Ambush...
- New-Breed MRAP. Kouhestani, Jeanne // Officer;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p57
The article offers brief information on the newest breed of mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles (MRAPs) from Oshkosh Corp. Defense Division.