Anaemia and kidney dysfunction in Caribbean Type 2 diabetic patients
- Adding Aliskiren to Losartan for Diabetic Nephropathy. // Clinical Oncology Alert;Aug2008 Primary Care Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p15
The article discusses research on the ability of a combination of the direct renin inhibitor aliskiren (ALIS) with angiotensin receptor blockers (ARB) to forestall end stage renal disease. It references a study by H. H. Parving et al, published in the volume 358 issue of the "New England Journal...
- Macroalbuminuria and Renal Pathology in First Nation Youth With Type 2 Diabetes. Sellers, Elizabeth A. C.; Blydt-Hansen, Tom D.; Dean, Heather J.; Gibson, Ian W.; Birk, Patricia E.; Ogborn, Malcolm // Diabetes Care;May2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p786
OBJECTIVE -- To determine the prevalence of macroalbuminuria and to describe the clinical and renal pathological changes associated with macroalbuminuria in a population of Canadian First Nation children and adolescents with type 2 diabetes. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHOD -- We conducted a...
- Darbepoetin decreased transfusions and fatigue, but increased adverse effects in patients with chronic kidney disease, diabetes, and anemia. Patel, Tejas V. // ACP Journal Club;3/16/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on a medical research related to effectiveness of darbepoetin-alfa on cardiovascular events, and end-stage renal disease (ESRD) in patients with chronic kidney disease, type 2 diabetes, and anemia. It concluded that darbepoetin decreased transfusions and fatigue in patients...
- Cerebral macrovascular disease predicted renal failure in type 2 diabetes. // Endocrine Today;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses research on the use of cerebral macrovascular disease to predict renal failure in patients with type 2 diabetes, by T. Uzu and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of the "Journal of American Society of Nephrologists."
- Uncontrolled Hypertension in Diabetic CKD Patients. STEIN, JILL // Renal & Urology News;Oct2012, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p30
The article focuses on the results of a study conducted by Robert Stellhorn and associates which reveal that the proportion of patients with type 2 diabetes with uncontrolled hypertension is higher compared to patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) than those without CKD.
- Avosentan May Be Better In Lower Doses, Data Suggest. // Renal & Urology News;Apr2010, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p9
The article presents a study which shows that avosentan lessens albuminuria when combined to standard treatment in patients having type 2 diabetes and overt nephropathy.
- Chlorpropamide-alcohol flushing and proteinuria in non-insulin-dependent diabetics. Barnett, A.H.; Leslie, R.D.G.; Pyke, D.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/14/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6263, p522
Examines patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes. Detection of chlorpropamide-alcohol flushing; Reduction of retinopathy frequency in non-insulin-dependent diabetics; Association between chlorpropamide-alcohol flushing and nephropathy.
- Urinary albumin excretion significantly reduced with both losartan and enalapril. // Kidney;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p41
Presents an abstract of the study 'Long-term Comparison of Losartan and Enalapril on Kidney Function in Hypertensive Type 2 Diabetics with Early Nephropathy,' by Y. Lacourci Ã© re, A. B Ã© langer, C. Godin et al.
- Cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetic patients in Libreville, Gabon. Ovono, A. F.; Bekale, S.; Fernandez, J.; Mbang, B. A.; Ngou-Milama, E. // African Journal of Diabetes Medicine;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
We have evaluated cardiovascular risk in type 2 diabetic subjects living in Gabon. We conducted a cross-sectional study including all type 2 diabetes patients in two medical centres in Libreville, Garbon. After consent, we obtained data on demography, complications, and glycaemic and lipid...