Evaluation of the cost effectiveness of exenatide versus insulin glargine in patients with sub-optimally controlled Type 2 diabetes in the United Kingdom
- Switch to insulin detemir pays off for type 2 DM in China. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/11/2011, Issue 630, p12
The article discusses research on the cost-effectiveness of switching from insulin glargine to insulin detemir in patient with type-2 diabetes in a Chinese setting, presented at the 16th Annual International Meeting of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research.
- Saxagliptin stacks up in Argentina, Brazil. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/12/2010, Issue 605, p8
The article offers information on three Bristol-Myers Squibb-supported studies, which examined the cost effectiveness of saxagliptin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) patients in Argentina and Brazil.
- Diabetes education programme cost effective in UK. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;9/4/2010, Issue 611, p6
The article discusses the study "Delivering the Diabetes Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed (DESMOND) Programme for People With Newly Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes: Cost Effectiveness Analysis," by M. Gillett et al, published in a 2010 issue of the "British Medical Journal."
- Colesevelam add-on therapy cost effective in T2DM. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;10/2/2010, Issue 613, p6
The article discusses research on the cost effectiveness of adding colesevelam in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), which references the study "An Economic Evaluation of Colesevelam When Added to Metformin-, Insulin-, or Sulfonylurea-based Therapies in Patients With Uncontrolled Type 2...
- Success for saxagliptin in South Africa. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/23/2012, Issue 656, p11
This section cites 3 studies on the cost-effectiveness of saxagliptin (Onglyza) for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, presented at the 17th Annual International Meeting of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research. A. Juarez-Garcia and colleagues looked at the...
- Dapagliflozin's sweet success. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Nov2013, Issue 691, p7
The article discusses the results of three studies examining the cost-effectiveness of the drug dapagliflozin as a treatment for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Liraglutide 1.8mg cost effective for T2DM. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Apr2015, Vol. 726 Issue 1, p22
The article offers information on a cost utility analysis on the cost effectiveness of the treatment of liraglutide 1.8 miligrams (mg) for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- Intensive ADDITIONal treatment not cost effective for T2DM. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;May2015, Vol. 727 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses research being done on the cost effectiveness of intensive multifactorial treatment and routine care for patients with Type 2 diabetes, which references a study by L. Tao et al. published in the February 15, 2015 issue of the journal "Diabetic Medicine."
- Costs of saxagliptin "acceptable" in Germany. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;3/3/2012, Issue 648, p7
The article reports on a study published in "Clinical Drug Investigation" which showed that the cost effectiveness of second-line therapy with saxagliptin plus metformin is acceptable for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients in Germany.