Effect of the addition of rosiglitazone to metformin or sulfonylureas versus metformin/sulfonylurea combination therapy on ambulatory blood pressure in people with type 2 diabetes: A randomized controlled trial (the RECORD study)
- Pulse Pressure Lowering Effect of Dual Blockade With Candesartan and Lisinopril vs. High-dose ACE Inhibition in Hypertensive Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: A CALM II Study Post-hoc Analysis. Knudsen, Søren T.; Andersen, Niels H.; Poulsen, Steen H.; Eiskjær, Hans; Hansen, Klavs W.; Helleberg, Kjeld; Poulsen, Per L.; Mogensen, Carl E. // American Journal of Hypertension;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p172
BACKGROUND Elevated pulse pressure (PP) is strongly associated with microand macrovascular complications in type 2 diabetic patients. We examined the effect of 12 months of dual blockade with candesartan and lisinopril vs. high-dose lisinopril monotherapy on ambulatory PP in hypertensive type 2...
- PORÃ“WNANIE WIELKOÅšCI â€žEFEKTU BIAÅEGO FARTUCHAâ€œ U CHORYCH Z NADCIÅšNIENIEM TÄ˜TNICZYM Z I BEZ CUKRZYCY TYPU 2. Mośdśan, Michał; Mośdśan, Monika; Barański, Michał; Markuszewski, Leszek; Ruxer, Jan // Problemy Terapii Monitorowanej;sep2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p151
Aim. The aim of this study was evaluation of value of â€žwhite coat effect" in hypertensive patients with and without type 2 diabetes. Material and method. The study group (group 1) comprised 53 hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients. Control group consisted of 51 hypertensive patients...
- PRZYDATNOÅšÄ† SYSTEMU CIÄ„GÅEGO AMBULATORYJNEGO MONITOROWANIA CIÅšNIENIA KRWI W ROZPOZNAWANIU RÃ“Å»NYCH POSTACI NADCIÅšNIENIA TÄ˜TNICZEGO U CHORYCH Z CUKRZYCÄ„ TYPU 2 I NADWAGÄ„. Możdżan, Michał; Możdżan, Monika; Barański, Michał; Ruxer, Jan; Markuszewski, Leszek // Problemy Terapii Monitorowanej;dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p215
Background: Ambulatory 24h - blood pressure measurement (ABPM) provides to assess exactly daily this parameter. According to World Health Organisation, ABPM is particularly helpful in patients with essential fluctuation of blood pressure during clinic visit, in patients with hipotonia and with...
- Effects of non-dipper blood pressure pattern on left ventricular rotational mechanics in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a speckle tracking study. Gökdeniz, Tayyar; Kalaycıoğlu, Ezgi; Aykan, Ahmet; Gül, İlker; Boyacı, Faruk; Gürsoy, Mustafa // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p57
We aimed to evaluate the effects of non-dipper BP pattern on left ventricular (LV) rotational mechanics in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) with the utility of two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography (2D-STE). Eighty-six hypertensive patients with T2DM were...
- Exenatide + rosiglitazone added to metformin. // Internal Medicine Alert;7/29/2010 Supplement, p112
The article reports that initial therapy for type 2 diabetes (DM2) should be mixed with metformin with the add-on therapy of exenatide (EXE) and rosiglitazone (ROS) which are effective therapies for glucose control.
- New England Journal of Medicine: 2 drugs better than 1 to treat youth with type 2 diabetes. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/15/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article discusses a study funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health which showed that a combination of two diabetes drugs including metformin and rosiglitazone was more effective in treating youth with recent-onset type 2 diabetes than metformin alone.
- Sleep-Time Blood Pressure as a Therapeutic Target for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Type 2 Diabetes. Hermida, Ramón C.; Ayala, Diana E.; Mojón, Artemio; Fernández, José R. // American Journal of Hypertension;Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p325
BackgroundIndependent studies have found that elevated sleep-time blood pressure (BP) is a better predictor of cardiovascular risk than the awake or 24-h BP means in patients without as well as with diabetes. However, the impact of the alteration over time of ambulatory BP on cardiovascular risk...
- Effect of One-Week Salt Restriction on Blood Pressure Variability in Hypertensive Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Iuchi, Hiroyuki; Sakamoto, Masaya; Suzuki, Hirofumi; Kayama, Yosuke; Ohashi, Kennosuke; Hayashi, Takeshi; Ishizawa, Sho; Yokota, Tamotsu; Tojo, Katsuyoshi; Yoshimura, Michihiro; Utsunomiya, Kazunori // PLoS ONE;1/5/2016, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background: Increased short-term blood pressure (BP) variability on 24-hour ambulatory BP monitoring (ABPM) is known to be a risk factor for cardiovascular events. However, very few studies have evaluated the effect of salt restriction on BP variability particularly in hypertensive patients...
- Combination therapy to prevent DM2. // Internal Medicine Alert;9/29/2010 Clinical Briefs, p144
The article offers a news brief on the study of combined dose of low-dose metformin (500 mg bid) and low-dose rosiglitazone (2 mg qd) or placebo for the prevention of type 2 diabetes.