Harlequin colour change: unilateral erythema in a newborn
- Central venous catheter sepsis in surgical newborns. Klein, Michael D.; Rood, Kim; Graham, Pam // Pediatric Surgery International;Sep2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p529
We examined central venous catheter (CVC) sepsis in newborn surgical patients, as this group appeared to have a higher incidence of this complication. During a 3-year period 79 patients on the surgical service required a tunneled, cuffed, Broviac CVC. Nineteen patients (24% or 9.9 episodes per...
- Newborn presenting with firm, erythematous rash. Brien, James H.; Moffett, Kathryn; Shultz, Robyn; Ardito, Alison // Infectious Diseases in Children;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the clinical case of a newborn infant who was diagnosed by firm, erythematous rash.
- 2-day-old neonatal patient with rash. Brien, James A. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
The article describes the clinical case of a 2-year-old neonate who was diagnosed with erythema toxicum.
- Subungual Infection in the Newborn. Sinniah, D.; Sandiford, B. R.; Dugdale, A. E. // Clinical Pediatrics;Dec1972, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p690
Discusses the outbreak of subungual infection in newborn infants in the maternity unit of the University Hospital in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Natural history of the disease's lesions; General symptoms of the infection; Epidemiology; Treatment and prevention.
- Cold light transillumination as an aid to umbilical catheterisation. Balasubramaniam, V.P.; Yasin, S.; Urquhart, D.S.; Nicholl, R.M. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jan2003, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p5
Discusses the use of cold light transillumination for the cannulation of peripheral blood-vessels in newborn infants. Catheterization of umbilical vessels; Aseptic technique; Advantages of transillumination.
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Walther, Joseph E.; Beasley, L. K.; Rost, Glenn s.; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Cane, Walter; Cohen, Theodore; Einsel, I. Henry; Walter, Joseph E.; Epstein, Ezra J.; Immerman, S. L.; Stanton, Arnold; Brown, J. Edward; Bernstein, Abraham; Deutsch, Irvin; Ficarra, Bernard J.; Galante, V. J.; Ledbetter, Paul; Marks, Lionel; McMahon, John M.; Susinno, A. M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1962, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p321
Presents abstracts of several studies on gastroenterology. "Dysphagia and Hypertrophic Spuring of the Cervical Spine," by David A. Hilding and Mihran O. Tachdjian; "Peptic Ulceration in Infants and Children," by Joseph R. Christian; "Gastric Retention and Hypoglycemia in Diabetes," by Allan...
- The progression of maternal RSV antibodies in the offspring. Hacimustafaoglu M; Celebi S; Aynaci E; Sinirtas M; Koksal N; Kucukerdogan A; Ercan I; Goral G; Ildirim I // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jan2004, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p52
The concentrations of maternal anti-RSV IgG antibodies were followed in 49 healthy newborns over the first six months of life. At birth, 41 mothers (83%) tested positive for anti-RSV IgG and all of their babies carried maternal anti-RSV IgG. Anti-RSV IgG positivity dropped to 73% at 1 month, 6%...
- CM-AVM syndrome in a neonate: case report and treatment with a novel flow reduction strategy. Behr, Gerald G.; Liberman, Leonardo; Compton, Jocelyn; Garzon, Maria C.; Morel, Kimberly D.; Lauren, Christine T.; Starc, Thomas J.; Kovacs, Stephen J.; Beltroni, Vincent; Landres, Rachel; Anyane-Yeboa, Kwame; Meyers, Philip M.; Bacha, Emile; Kandel, Jessica J. // Vascular Cell;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p19
Mutations in the RASA-1 gene underlie several related disorders of vasculogenesis. Capillary malformation-arteriovenous malformation (CM-AVM) is one such entity and was recently encountered in a neonate who demonstrated its clinical and radiologic features. A single mutation in the RASA-1 gene...
- Abnormalities in vascular arachidonic acid metabolism in the infant of the diabetic mother. Stuart, Marie J.; Sunderji, Shirazali G.; Walenga, Ronald W.; Setty, B.N. Yamaja // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/8/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6483, p1701
Investigates the abnormalities in vascular arachidonic acid metabolism in the infant of the diabetic mother. Incidence of thromboses in utero and in the neonatal period of the infant; Evaluation of arachidonic acid metabolism; Measurement of plasma concentration.