- hydroa vacciniforme. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1102
A definition of the medical term "hydroa vacciniforme," which refers to a vesicular rash that heals with crusting and scarring of sun-exposed regions of the skin, is presented.
- Ocular findings as a presenting sign of hydroa vacciniforme. Jeng, B. H.; Margolis, T. P.; Chandra, N. S.; McCalmont, T. H. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Nov2004, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p1478
Presents a letter to the editor about hydroa vacciniforme.
- New cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases. Khorenian, Sylvie D.; Lebwohl, Mark // American Family Physician;2/15/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p625
Reports on new skin disorders associated with systemic disease. Includes eosinophilia myalgia syndrome; Toxic strep syndrome; Paraneoplastic pemphigus.
- ABC of Dermatology. Buxton, P.K. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/3/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6602, p830
Focuses on the diagnosis of various skin diseases. Treatment of lupus erythematosus with renal diseases; Systematic description of individual skin diseases; Histological changes underlying the clinical presentations of skin lesions.
- Refractory subacute cutaneous lupus erythematous responding to a single course of belimumab: A new anti-BLyS human monoclonal antibody. Husein-ElAhmed, Husein; Callejas-Rubio, Jose Luis; Rios-Fernandez, Raquel; Ortego-Centeno, Norberto // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p477
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a case of a 52-year-old woman, who was diagnosed with subcutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- Proposed modifications to 1982 ACR classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus: serositis criterion. Clarke, A. // Lupus;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p855
The SLICC group believed that the definition of pleuritis should be expanded to include new pleural thickening and pericarditis to include characteristic history. Furthermore, SLICC suggested the addition of abdominal serositis to the current serositis criterion, manifested as either diffuse...
- Bullous Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Grover, Chander; Khurana, Ananta; Sharma, Sonal; Singal, Archana // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p492
Bullous Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (BSLE) is a rare manifestation of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), characterized histologically by subepidermal bullae with predominantly neutrophilic infiltrate and immunoglobulin (IgG, IgA, IgM) and C3 deposition at the basement membrane zone. Often...
- DERMA Diagnosis. Monroe, Joe R. // Clinician Reviews;Jan2011, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
The article describes the case of a patient showing changes on her nose and upper forehead that is threatening to produce scarring. The most likely diagnosis for the skin changes was discoid lupus and a 3-mm punch biopsy was done to confirm the diagnosis. It notes that a discoid lupus...
- Clinical Follow-up of 102 Anti-Ro/SSA-positive Patients with Dermatological Manifestations. Popovic, Karin; Wahren-herlenius, Marie; Nyberg, Filippa // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2008, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p370
Patients with Ro/SSA autoantibodies can develop cutaneous lupus erythematosus and photosensitivity. The aim of this study was to evaluate disease progression and clinical outcome in Ro/SSA-positive patients after 2 years in a prospectively followed cohort. A total of 102 previously clinically...