- Ulcerative Lupus Vulgaris Over Nose, Leading to Cosmetic Deformity. Nair, Pragya A.; Mehta, Malay J.; Patel, Bhumi B. // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p1
Lupus vulgaris (LV), is a chronic and progressive form of secondary cutaneous tuberculosis. In India, it is commonly seen over buttocks, thighs, and legs whereas involvement of nose is quite rare. Ulcerative variant particularly over nose causes destruction of cartilage, leading to irreversible...
- Polymorphic light eruption vs eruption of pregnancy. // Independent Nurse;8/4/2008, p21
The article presents a differential diagnosis of polymorphic light eruption and polymorphic eruption of pregnancy. The discriminatory signs of light eruption include the result of photosensitivity, occur in springtime particularly in females aged 20-40 years, and can be the first sign of lupus...
- hydroa vacciniforme. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1102
A definition of the medical term "hydroa vacciniforme," which refers to a vesicular rash that heals with crusting and scarring of sun-exposed regions of the skin, is presented.
- Ocular findings as a presenting sign of hydroa vacciniforme. Jeng, B. H.; Margolis, T. P.; Chandra, N. S.; McCalmont, T. H. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Nov2004, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p1478
Presents a letter to the editor about hydroa vacciniforme.
- New cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases. Khorenian, Sylvie D.; Lebwohl, Mark // American Family Physician;2/15/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p625
Reports on new skin disorders associated with systemic disease. Includes eosinophilia myalgia syndrome; Toxic strep syndrome; Paraneoplastic pemphigus.
- ABC of Dermatology. Buxton, P.K. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/3/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6602, p830
Focuses on the diagnosis of various skin diseases. Treatment of lupus erythematosus with renal diseases; Systematic description of individual skin diseases; Histological changes underlying the clinical presentations of skin lesions.
- Refractory subacute cutaneous lupus erythematous responding to a single course of belimumab: A new anti-BLyS human monoclonal antibody. Husein-ElAhmed, Husein; Callejas-Rubio, Jose Luis; Rios-Fernandez, Raquel; Ortego-Centeno, Norberto // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p477
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a case of a 52-year-old woman, who was diagnosed with subcutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- Rash on legs and arms. Hopcroft, Keith // Pulse;3/23/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p19
The article offers information on the differential diagnosis of a toddler's skin rash.
- A child a dirty neck. Hopcroft, Keith // Pulse;6/22/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 23, p20
The article reports on the differential diagnosis of a 12-year-old boy whose skin in the neck looks dirty.