Concepts of bias and appointments to the Governing Council of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Appointment of Pfizer executive to CIHR stirs controversy. Silversides, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/24/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 11, pE256
The article informs that the appointment of Bernard Prigent, vice president and medical director of Pfizer Canada Inc., to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) council has raised concern among physicians. According to Sidney Wolfe, director, Washington, DC-based Public Citizen, it...
- Health Council criticizes health reform progress. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p293
The article focuses on the 2013 progress report by the Health Council of Canada which criticizes the slow pace of health reform in Canada which cannot keep up with the evolving health care needs of citizens.
- Who should you believe? The health reform edition: A new requirement that you refund overpayments. Glaser, David M. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p26
A reprint of the article "Who Should You Believe? The Health Reform Edition: A New Requirement That You Refund Overpayments," by David M. Glaser, which appeared on ORTHOSuperSite.com, is presented.
- Congress: Don't repeal new healthcare law -- improve it. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/9/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 19, p2
The article presents a reprint of the article "Congress: Don't repeal new healthcare law -- improve it," which appeared in the issue of "USA Today."
- Integrating Public Health Across Sectors. Northridge, Mary E. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb2010, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p200
The article discusses various topics discussed within the issue including a proposal for health care reform by Chernichovsky and Leibowitz, the affect of the food environment on healthy eating by Farley and colleagues, and the ethical responsibilities of researchers toward subjects by Merritt...
- Canada's Health Care Crisis. // Canadian Student Review;Spring2013, p27
The article presents an online link to the health care reform video presentation by Doctor Brian Day, former president of the Canadian Medical Association, at the Fraser Institute's office in Vancouver, British Columbia on November 28, 2012.
- A nurse-led plan to transform health care. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/7/2012, Vol. 184 Issue 11, pE594
The article focuses on the 9-part plan related to health care reform introduced by the Canadian Nurses Association in Canada. The plan called A Nursing Call to Action aims at making the science and practice of nursing core components of a transformed health care system which is less focused on...
- WEEK IN WASHINGTON. // BioWorld Insight;3/1/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
The article offers news briefs related to pharmaceutical industry including the health reform proposal guidance for clinical trials and human embryonic stem cells.
- As I See lt. Kamp, John // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2010, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p32
In this article, the author reflects on the impact of the health care reform bill on the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S.