A colourful history of medicine on the high seas
- Encounter Battle at Kushtia - 9 December 1971: A Subaltern's Story. Salman Beg // Hilal;Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p44
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience during the Battle of Kushtia in Bangladesh on December 9, 1971.
- Riksarkivet -- Swedish National Archives. // Swedish American Genealogist;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p23
The article briefly discusses the resources available at the Riksarkivet, the Swedish National Archives, located in Stockholm, Sweden.
- People power saves national archives. Hinman, Pip // Green Left Weekly;3/3/2010, Issue 828, p6
The article reports on the people power victory for the staff of the National Archives of Australia (NAA) offices in Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart to hinder the closure of the national archives in Australia on February 23, 2010.
- Private Journal. Lowry, Midshipman Morrow Barr // Officer Review Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p4
An excerpt from the private journal of midshipman Morrow Barr Lowry regarding his service in the U.S. Navy on the ironclad USS Louisville during the American Civil War is presented.
- Book reviews. Falk, Stanley L.; Turner, Blair P. // Journal of Military History;Jan96, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p172
Reviews the book `The Pacific War: Japan versus the Allies,' by Alan J. Levine.
- A gift for the separatists. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p12
States that unless more space is found in Canada's National Archives, federal departments will soon be forced to store their own historical records. Ottawa's solution to the problem; How it threatens to make things worse.
- OLD GLIMPSES OF THE NEW WORLD. Coull, Cheryl // Beautiful British Columbia;Spring2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p22
Reports on collections of historic images of British Columbia in Canada's National Archives as part of Peter Winkworth Collection.
- Celebrating Newfoundland. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;06/11/99, Vol. 184 Issue 24, p14
Details the Celebrating Newfoundland, an exhibition of stamps and stamp illustrations depicting Newfoundland, presented by the Canadian Postal Museum and the National Archives of Canada. Features of the exhibition; Stamps displayed at the exhibition; Opening hours of the museum.
- BRIEFS. // America's Civil War;Jan2011, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. which include the giving of an award to New York's Civil War hero, Michael Huskey, through a letter that includes an embossed drawing of the medal along with the citation, the move of National Archives to present the 3,500 photographs of Matthew Brady...